• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild What is your favorite BotW song?

In BotW, there is a lot of beautiful music, and I would like to know which song is your favorite.

Mine, I think is probably Sidon's theme, since it's a lot like Mipha's, but doesn't make me cry.

The best song in the game is Hyrule Castle's theme and it is the only song from Breath of the Wild that left a strong impression on me, and is an outlier among the entire soundtrack. Phenomenal track and, in my opinion, is among one of the strongest in the series, up there with A Link to the Past's Dark World theme--which is one of my all-time favorites. The castle theme was a powerful and progressively arranged medley of multiple songs in the series, while also retaining its own identity as a Hyrule Castle theme. It's pacing was well suited for the atmosphere of the castle, and had a huge impact on my experience of going to the castle for the first time. It captures the mood excellently and the multiple channels was a subtle but very effective touch--and how the Legend of Zelda main theme layers overtop Zelda's Lullaby perfectly is an astounding feat on behalf of the composer.

As for the rest of the soundtrack, while the instrumentals were very well done in Breath of the Wild's soundtrack, it was very lacking in legitimate background music, and most of the soundtrack was just ambient noise with an occasional melody. Of the songs that were actually... songs... not very many of them were memorable, in my opinion. A lot of them were designed to be atmospheric, and that, they did well--as with the variation changes as you activate terminals inside a Divine Beast--but the songs themselves lack that character that I so strongly associate with Zelda songs. Again, the instrumentals were phenomenal, but the composure of the songs themselves felt very lacking in most cases as opposed to more iconic tunes from previous titles. Of the [original] songs in the game that I can think of that were not of the ambient variety, only two of them have a melody line that I can recall (one of them being Hyrule Castle), which is very disappointing when you look at songs like Ocarina of Time's Gerudo Valley and The Wind Waker's Dragon Roost Island and you can immediately hum them because they are distinct and individual. Yeah, Rito Village is a redux of Dragon Roost, doesn't really count because it's not original to Breath of the Wild--and, besides, The Wind Waker's rendition is far better anyway.

So, yeah, best song: Hyrule Castle. Some of the battle music, like the one that plays against Taluses, are somewhat noteworthy as well, but most of the soundtrack was designed purely to be background noise, and even full tracks just do not have my attention in this game.

In BotW, there is a lot of beautiful music, and I would like to know which song is your favorite.

Mine, I think is probably Sidon's theme, since it's a lot like Mipha's, but doesn't make me cry.
Honestly, and I'm going to be in the minority here, but I love the Field music. There's something quite beautiful about the rich sparseness of it all and how it pairs so well with the beautiful empty lonely fields of Hyrule.

The Riding music reminds me a lot of the music in Mr. Roger's Neighborhood.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
I love the semi-intense portion of the enemy/YIGA fight music. That was always one of my favorites.

I also love the parasailing theme. Very nice

I also love Sidon's and Mipha's themes.
There are a few more, but I don't really remember them

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Hyrule Castle theme definitely stands at the top, for the reasons @Satan described so well. For me, much of the BotW soundtrack stands out to me. Vah Ruta's themes inside the dungeon, the Vah Ruta battle theme itself, the Vah Naboris battle theme, the Molduga battle theme, the Hateno Village theme, the Rito Village theme, the mountain shrine theme, the Divine Trial themes as well as the theme for its boss, the Champion's Ballad tune that plays at the end of its story as well as the theme for the last CB memory, the Lost Woods/Labyrinth theme.... Yeah, there's a lot of fantastic music in this game.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I LOVE Hyrule Castle's music. It has become one of my fav zelda soundtracks of alltime. It is not overwhelming and "screaming" at you. It gives a bit of a how-it-used-to-be mood. And it makes me fight harder to defeat Ganon. At least to me it does. I love how everything comes together musically.

Alita the Pun

Dmitri
I really loved the End Boss music when you are fighting beast ganon. its not all minimal and simplistic like the other songs in the game. it actually takes the main theme of the game and fills it in a lot with boss battley sounds like big tubas blasting and ominous melody. it is by far my favorite because it is really the only song in the game besides Hyrule Castle really a quality song

Honestly, and I'm going to be in the minority here, but I love the Field music. There's something quite beautiful about the rich sparseness of it all and how it pairs so well with the beautiful empty lonely fields of Hyrule.

I actually really enjoy the riding music too!

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I think BoTW's soundtrack is incredibly lacklustre overall as it is mainly forgettable ambient sounds for the overworld and whereas with other games there would be a catchy tune for just about every area. Unfortunately in BoTW this is not the case. There are however a few great pieces of music in amongst the forgettable background noise. My favourite is Molduga. It's a catchy theme which made me not want to kill the beast just so I could listen longer.

Hyrule Castle is also another good one.

HeroOfTime

Challenger Approaching!
I guess there was Prince Sidon's theme and... Hyrule Castle? Maybe the Talus battle? I really liked the little tune that plays when you activate the Shiekah towers, but it's like ten seconds long and you only hear it a few times. Honestly, the trailers for the game advertised an awesome soundtrack, and I love the trailer music, but you never really hear that theme, or much other music when playing, and that disappointed the heck out of me. One of the best parts of a game is the soundtrack, and BotW left so much to be desired that it's one of my least favorite Zeldas. The random piano notes that play add an ambient theme to the game, but I really don't think it fit in a Zelda game.

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
For me it's a tie between Kass' Theme and Revali's Theme. I also really like the Kass versions of all of the champion's themes.

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die

The field music is my favourite too or at least one of them. Although I remember the first time I heard that piano plink and I near upped and died of shock

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom