• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What is your favorite anime?

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
Admittedly, I haven't watched a whole lot of anime myself, but I'm curious. Of the anime that you've seen, which would you consider to be your favorite(s)?

Of the ones I've watched, I've enjoyed the Fruits Basket reboot quite a bit and am now getting into the Fate series (pretty good so far).

Stitch

AKA Patrick
ZD Champion
Wolf Children is my favorite anime movie, if that counts. Clannad (especially After Story), Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, and the new Fruits Basket series (so far) are my top 3 otherwise. Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai is a good honorary mention.

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
right now i'd probably say from the new world or tsuritama

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I have still yet to branch out into anime like I've wanted to lately. Naruto, Dragonball Z, and Inuyasha will always have a soft spot in my heart because they were the first ones I watched besides Pokémon when I was a kid.

However, I have to say Steins;Gate is easily my favorite anime that I have seen to date.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
The entirety of the Ufotable Fate adaptations (Zero, UBW, and HF) are nothing short of a masterpiece, Made in Abyss is reminiscent of The Last Airbender's storytelling (but screw the manga author for being a total creep), Demon Slayer is awesome, Boku no Hero Academia has superb character building, and Violet Evergarden will bring you to the verge of tears. Anime is a wonderfully diverse medium with an ever-changing spectrum, so it's hard to pinpoint an exact favorite but these can be enjoyed for different reasons.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
It's been Hyouka since it came out, probably. It's the one that's stood the test of time for me and the one that never fails to make me indescribably happy whenever I rewatch it. I've probably rewatched it more than any other series, too. The gorgeous animation and music, the artistic themes, the charming and always interesting story-telling, and the characters more than anything else. My god does Hyouka do a fantastic job with character development. It's often really subtle and by the time you realize the characters have gone trhough changes, it hits you and you're like "o h". It's so good. I can praise Hyouka all day. KyoAni's masterpiece.

For me it's Attack on Titan. (With My Hero Academia/Mob Psycho 100 as a close 2nd)

You take that classic underdog story & instead of giving it to the main character you give it to the whole world. The titans are humanities predators & have them hiding & cowering.

Seeing the humans try to fight to overcome a vastly superior foe & efficient human killer despite being outnumbered & outmatched gives rise for some of the most suspenseful/intense moments.

The OST is outstanding, the animation is amazing and the story is superb. For anyone generally looking to get into anime it's the first thing I recommend to them.

That opening is hype as well

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
Sailor Moon, because it is where my interest in other anime and Japanese culture came from. I learned how to draw by drawing the senshi on everything which drove my teachers crazy.

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
ZD Champion
Tough choice.

Trigun, Cowboy Bebop, Black Lagoon, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Hellsing: Ultimate, and Stein's;Gate are all tied for my favorite.

I can't decide.

I can tell you my top two favorite mangas, without question:

• Berserk.
  • Vagabond.
But the Berserk animes are disappointing compared to the manga, and Vagabond hasn't been made into an anime series that I'm aware of.

Cowboy Bebop is my favourite anime series. Great characters, a fantastic unforgettable soundtrack, and great action sequences. Does a splendid job weaving in philosophical themes into its narrative.

Favourite anime movie is probably Spirited Away. Great journey where style is utilized as substance in many cases, proving that they are not mutually exclusive. The world building accomplished in just two hours is incredible as well, and you can't forget the brilliant soundtrack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom