• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What is Your Fav WW Island?

Fav WW Island

• Windfall Island

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Outset Island

• Forsaken Fortress

• Forest Haven

• Link's Oasis

• Greatfish Isle

• Bomb Island

• Dragon Roost Island

• Tingle Island

• Other

• Total voters

Nye Pendragon

derparific
I really liked Forest Haven.

I'm a huge nature freak, and there was such a mythical, calming aura about that place. I loved the music, and who doesn't adore those little Koroks? X>
I also love how it was designed; getting around via those plant... things that I can't remember the name of... was really interesting! And the temple
in the Forbidden Forest was my second favorite dungeon, again, because it's plant-based. 83

knowlee

Like a river's flow, it never ends...
My favorite WW island would be Windfall Island. It's my favorite because it's an island that has various types of people and not just one set group like the Rito and Koroks (don't get me wrong, I love those groups too). I also like the peaceful atmosphere that the island posesses. It makes me feel calm knowing that's it's a safe place to be because of that.

NorthApple

GIVE ME THE APPLE!!
Great Fish Isle had a great concept going for it.... but Windfall is my favourite without question. In fact, it's my favourite "town" out of the entire series and I hope to god Nintendo put something like it in Zelda Wii.

Anyway... why do I like it so much? Well, for starters, its name pretty much says it all, the definition of Windfall being: A sudden, unexpected piece of good fortune or personal gain; the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow”- and this island truly is just this- it’s so rich with culture and design and… life really. It’s also the… 3rd island you properly get to explore, and it is by no means linear. There are so many different pathways and shortcuts and places to run around and explore and discover, and best of all, they weren't in any linear pattern, they just all overlapped in different layers, with the street at the bottom, and then ledges higher up, and then bridges and walkways crossing over all of that! Everything on that island seems crooked and patchwork-y, rather than straight and clean-cut, and that's what make it work.

Furthermore: the people. They are the most interesting bunch of people in any Zelda game- everyone has a story, a problem, a life that they live, from the Potions Master in his lab surrounded by puffs of coloured smoke working on his next big breakthrough, to the soon-to-be couple that share a longing, loving glance every time they past each other, to the women in the streets gossiping about the mysterious photography man, to the man in the red overalls secretly posting letters to his unrequited love, to the lady who stands on the hidden jetty, waiting for her son to return, to the sailor who dreams of seeing the windmill turning once again, to the beggar under the tree, desperate for someone to listen and to help rescue his daughter, to the foreign merchant who dreams of expanding his shop with items from every corner of the Great Sea, to the rich man who sits in his lush room above it all wishing for nothing more and willing to spend his entire fortune just to get his own daughter back, to the schoolteacher who loves to spread joy and needs someone to stop the boys from truanting from her class to the man who simple sits on the quiet bench and looks peacefully out to sea... need I go on? Point proven- this island has the richest array of characters in the game, and what’s more, you see a lot of them develop and change over the course of the game, such a Mila (the girl who gets kidnapped and goes from being the richest to the poorest practically overnight, becoming a thief until Link shows her the light and then she does her best every day).

Finally, the amount of sidequesting opportunities is amazing, from becoming the pictographer’s apprentice to challenging the Killer Bees who have been skipping school, to even being part of an AUCTION for treasure maps and heart pieces! This island pretty much has it all in once place, which is great.

So, what’s that- the design, the characters, the sidequests- oh, and the music! It has a lively and catchy tune to boot that doesn’t get annoying either! I could stand there all day... sigh

[FONT=&quot]And so THAT is why Windfall island is my favourite! :D (I challenge someone to counter this which a huge Dragon Roost post!)

(And this isn't all either, just as much as I could type at one time~)

[/FONT]

Last edited:

February Eve

ZD District Attorney
I'm a bit torn. I do like Windfall Island for all the things to do. It makes the world feel less like everyone left when Hyrule was covered and more like people actually adapted.

On the other hand, I also like Outset Island. It has Grandma, for one, and I really like Link's family in the game. It's got some diverse terrain for a small island, what with the starting at the beach and climbing to a forest region. And it's got secrets you discover even in the middle of the game, with a hidden giant fish in the back of the island and a big mini-dungeon hidden under a rock. The idea that all of that is there right where Link grew up appeals to the little kid in me that once went searching for warp holes to different dimensions. (I was an odd little thing.)

But I also like the Forest Haven because it lives up to its name. If you'll pardon the religious symbolism, it reminds me of the world before the Fall. Kinda weird that the Nintendo Gallery is right behind it, though. Guess even Eden is commercialized. :xd:

Last edited:

Waker of winds

Finally playing PH!
First reply after 6 months of absence!!

I find Shark Island pretty comfortable.
Bomb Island: ghost ship(wich I'm pretty afraid of) isn't a good thing...
Link's Oasis: That Big Octo isn't a good thing either...
Dragon Roost Island: Well, that's a must!! Almost everyone loves Dragon Roost, so I didn't include it.

I picked Shark Island because... I just like it:D. It's a little shark shaped island! The enviroment is great in there, and there are lots of switches
to press^^. I could live in there.

Vynn Sarr

Sith Lord
Windfall hands down. It was such a great island that had many things to do. Dragon Roost comes in a close second because of its epic scenery and music, but windfall is one of the best towns in any zelda.

Zelda_Queen

Hick Hylian
Originally Posted by Nye Pendragon: I'm a huge nature freak, and there was such a mythical, calming aura about that place. I loved the music, and who doesn't adore those little Koroks? X>
They are SO CUTE!!!

Originally Posted by Nye Pendragon: I also love how it was designed; getting around via those plant... things that I can't remember the name of... was really interesting!
Those would be Boko Bulbs. (PS: I'm gonna be honest here... I cheated and went to the WW walkthrough. :embarrassed:)

LozzyKate

Ask Me Why I Love The Photoshops
I liked Dragon Roost Island the most. I liked the island for its design, and especially its music. I could dance to that song all day :lol: lol.

Aelic7

The Young Drifter
I actually like Overlook Island. It's a series of towers, and it looks like it was an ancient castle...plus, a Triforce Chart was there.

Tingle Island because just kidding. Windfall island because there is so much to do and it is scenic.

shan-tastic

nine thousand and one.
Forest Haven!
It's so beautiful, both on the inside and out. Very serene and magical, and exploring that whole area was one of my favorite parts of the game. The temple was fun, too. =]
And I love the Koroks. I kind of want to keep one as a pet. They're so cute!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom