• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What is Your Current Music Obsession?

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I have a few, though they aren't really new as I've been quite into these artists for a while now. Here are a few:

Frank Ocean
Just a genius and I've been a fan for nearly 3 years now and I've watched him rise to fame and take home some Grammies too. His music just speaks to me and his talent is clearly evident from writing, to flow, to soul, to tone... (I could go on). He has a number of styles and I can genuinely say that out of the 90+ songs I have of his I can't find one that I dislike.

Kendrick Lamar
Another artist that I've been following for a while who has now suddenly hit a load of fame. He is probably the most talented rapper in a long time. The way he flips beats and manipulates flows is just crazy it shouldn't even be possible. I'm also a fan of his lyrical ability as well. He's not just a stereotypical "rapper" he's a true artist.

Earl Sweatshirt
This guy is crazy talented for for a 19 old and it's his dark and low tones that make his music standout. He's from the controversial "Odd Future" group so his lyrics are quite shocking and out there, but in his new album he showed his potential when delving into his personal life. This guy is going to be big soon in an guarantee it.

The Weekend
Just an amazing artist who has an incredible voice, which is very high pitched. His tone just generates this incredible emotion and passion in every song and his lyrics complement it perfectly.

Hopsin
This is an odd one. A few years ago I was following this artist and for a moment he was my favourite hip hop artist. However, his lack of content and "corny" tendencies kind of put me off. All of that changed though especially with the release of "Knock Madness" a couple of days ago. It's amazing.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
For the past couple of months, I have been really into Imagine Dragons. They just make these powerful songs that amaze me. Group love is another band, because I love most of their songs.

Violet Link

takumi was a mistake and so are the S supports
Not sure if anyone heard about this band, because it's called No Clear Mind. It's a band from Greece and they have these really calming tunes and melodies. They have a little 'trip-hop' elements in their songs and they have dreamy vocals to it, too. Really cool.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
I guess I'll just make a list of songs that really defined this year for me, considering I have found myself listening to these particular songs quite often.

Nirvana - The Man Who Sold the World
Pearl Jam - Black
Garbage - Not Your Kind of People
Smashing Pumpkins - 1979
Red Hot Chili Peppers - The Zephyr Song
David Bowie - Space Oddity
Muse - Stockholm Syndrome
The Killers - Be Still
Lifehouse - Spin
Foo Fighters - Walk
Queens of the Stone Age - No One Knows
The Walkmen - The Rat
The All American Rejects - Swing Swing
Brand New - The Quiet Things That No One Ever Knows
The Cranberries - Zombie
Korn - Thoughtless
Weezer - Island in the Sun

And since I now got bored, I'll stop right there.

selicyc

i never knew daylight could be so violent.
a mystery inside of an enigma wrapped in a soft fuzzy blanket of I don't even know what
Anything from the big beat genre. The Chemical Brothers, The Prodigy, Propellerheads, Apollo 440, I care not what name it has, I just want more of it.

I've also been spinning a lot of material by she, namely the Orion and Coloris albums. Lots of chiptune electronica goodness~

A

awjm

The new Midlake album.

[video=youtube;1aH3ikDde8I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aH3ikDde8I[/video]

Well, most of my musical obsession as of late has been negative. Focusing hatred towards things that deserve hatred. For example, a few friends and I decided to start a band called Blinkin Parkanescence, which combines what we feel are three of the worst bands in existence. Namely Blink 182 (Though this could be substituted with anything from the 'Pop Punk' genre) Linkin Park and Evanescence. We sing songs about how we try so hard and in the end it doesn't even matter 'cuz we try so hard, and how we can't wake up, and how we're whiny pissant little ****s with no perspective or ability to cope with really trivial problems so we form a cult like group of *******s who all worship bands that can't play instruments. We're really popular with the Millennial generation. :P

Positively, I listen to a lot of Tool lately. But I always do that. :T

Fig

The Altruist
Geez I have been listening to a lot of soundtracks this past week alone. o_O My list as of now includes the following soundtracks:

Zelda OSTs
Pokemon OSTs
Mario OSTs
Sword Art Online - Crossing Field, Yume Sekai, Innocence, Overfly
Attack on Titan - Guren no Yumiya, Jiyuu no Tsubasa
Doctor Who - This is Gallifrey, Vale Decem, I am the Doctor, Doctor Who Theme Song

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom