• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What is your color?

S

Swedish Link

Blaaack. So simple, yet it is the prettiest of colors.

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
Yes, I know I'm reviving an older thread, but I find color fascinating. I'd have to say that my favorite color would be pink.

The color pink usually serves two purposes. It can be used to show childish innocence, or a characters child-like personality. It can also be used to show a more flirtatious personality. Pink is normally a color associated with girls and femininity.

Pink is considered a color of good health and life - we speak of people being "in the pink" or the "freshness" of a newborn babe.

Pink is associated with sexuality, and purity. That is, a girl who is a virgin in heart and body. Pink is symbolic of pure love, for example. It is also the color used for sexual advertisements and such, to indicate the purity of the girls.

Pink is the color of universal love. Pink is a quiet color. Lovers of beauty favor pink. A pink carnation means "I will never forget you".

Pink is a combination of red and white. The quality of energy in pink is determined by how much red is present. White is the potential for fullness, while red helps you to achieve that potential. Pink combines these energies. Shades of deep pink, such as magenta, are effective in neutralizing disorder and violence. Some prisons use limited deep pink tones to diffuse aggressive behavior.

Pink provides feelings of caring, tenderness, self-worth and love, acceptance.

I do think that, even for a grown woman, I'm still pretty girly. Not only have I been told that I'm still very "innocent", but I also look like I'm still a kid. I'm not flirty at all, but I'm very feminine. I'm often told I'm cute, as in little-girl cute. Weird, but true. I'm also a pretty gentle, accepting, and loving person despite having a military badass side that kicks in here and there. Overall, I think pink is a fitting color for my personality.

ケンジ

僕は準備完了しています!
Paranaque City, Metro Manila, Philippines
My Favorite color would be Emerald Green, Crimson Red and Blue Sapphire.

My reason for Crimson Red and Blue Sapphire as my favorites because they show nearly half my personality, I'm passionate like a fire, and Calm as the deep ocean. :D

For Emerald Green My most favorite of all, shows half my personality, I'm hopeful, Happy, kind and considerate :cool:

zzRICHzz

own & finished all Zeldas
me just green and yes the reason is Link. but remember i first started playing zelda when i was really little so green, to me, represents courage and heroism...

and i know this doesn't reflect my personality at all

Steve

5/19/13
Besides the fact I where it, black is my color. Why people have come to the conclusion that black symbolizes death, and darkness is beyond me. It's pretty sad that people who wear it get labeled as stoners and troublemakers, but I don't let others' opinions affect my personality. Infact, the color black symbolizes wealth and class, so I fail to see why people associate it with evil.

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
Besides the fact I where it, black is my color. Why people have come to the conclusion that black symbolizes death, and darkness is beyond me. It's pretty sad that people who wear it get labeled as stoners and troublemakers, but I don't let others' opinions affect my personality. Infact, the color black symbolizes wealth and class, so I fail to see why people associate it with evil.

Black is the color of the night, and of "evil." Black can also be a color of elegance or class (such as a black-tie only event, and black evening gowns.) Black can also represent ideas such as power, sexuality, sophistication, formality, wealth, mystery, fear, evil, unhappiness, depth, style, sadness, remorse, anger, and mourning. Black can also represent a lack of color, the primordial void, emptiness. It can also mean sorrow or mourning, in the Christian tradition of wearing black to funerals. According to Henry Dreyfus, Black, sumi, is the color of mystery and solemnity; the color of the night. Black expresses the depths of the unknown, and encourages the imagination of a different world from that of daylight realities. Used by itself, black can represent bad luck or misfortune.

Many cultures see black as a negative color, so that is usually where the idea of it representing evil comes from. The idea that it can symbolize wealth or class is more of a Western belief. Usually the reason it's seen as negative is because it delves into the unknown, and most people are afraid of the unknown; therefore, it's often portrayed as a negative color.

You are right, however, in that it can symbolize wealth and class. Many higher classed characters in games, movies, novels, and media period are often garbed in black. But you are right to not let the opinions of others affect your personality.

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
My quick word-association type answer would be blue, but then I look at the furniture I own, and the clothing I wear, and that doesn't appear to be the correct answer...

I did make my website in shades of blue, but then I tend to dress in black, gray, tan and green and my choice of furniture colours is mainly white or light-to mid tan (wood coloured), so I really am not 100% sure what represents me best. I suppose "neutral colours" would be the best answer instead.

Shnappy

derp
I know it's not a color, and that it is considered the absence of color, but I like black. I'm not a goth/emo just because I like that color. I hate when people assume that. I also like how black can go well with basically every color out there. It looks great with red, yellow, blue, green, purple, white, and basically any color you can think of. If you don't think that black is a real color, I guess some runners up are red, purple, and blue.

According to net...

Turquoise: A blend of blue and green, shades of turquoise have the same calming effects of those colours. Turquoise has a sweet feminine feel while the darker teal shades add lively sophistication.This in-between colour represents water, thus the names aqua and aquamarine. It's also a valuable and popular mineral often turned into jewellery. Turquoise is closely associated with the Middle East and the American South-West. Aqua is associated with emotional healing and protection.

Dark Red: is associated with vigour, willpower, rage, anger, leadership, courage, longing, malice, and wrath.

Anyway I really like those too.

S

SilverHawk01

A

I'd say...Navy Blue or in offset: #0076a3. I just love the cool, calming effect of blue. Also it's a perfect colour for a bedroom. And yes my bedroom is painted blue; but no, you can't see it. I just have too many posters/ shirts/ bookshelves on my walls. :xd:

Maybe it's just a coincidence but I can't stand yellow :hmm: ( that's the compliment of blue ).

Last edited by a moderator:
B

Blood Wolf

Red and green are my favorites.

I guess red for the element for fire, and green because emeralds are the same color-wise. ;P

bellum

Gamer since age 2
Did I post here I'm not sure.

Well, blue was always my favorite color... sky blue. Now I'm growing more towards lime, I just love that color!

Dark Princess

Weeaboo :D
I have three:

Black
Dark Purple
Green

I like black because it's the colour of shadows, and it's dark. Dark Purple's pretty, and it also resides in the shadows. Green's the colour that resembles nature and happiness. =P

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom