• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What is Your Career Going to Be?

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
I want to do something in the field of Computer Science, and I'm leaning heavily towards video game designer/creator. I am already on my way there.

From my earliest days I've always wanted to have a job in the medical field. While it was a broad choice to begin with, at least I had a general course to pursue in life. That said, there have been numerous stumbling blocks.

Science is my least favorite school subject and whenever I head to the class I feel a wrenching pain in my stomach. It's a study of nature and yet I feel unnatural in its classroom environment. Learning of times gone by in history class or computing complex mathematical algorithms suits me better.

Moreover, I don't wish to feel influenced by the career choices of my previous family members and thus restrict myself. My grandmother was a cardiologist, grandfather a neurosurgeon, mother a billing and coding university professor, aunt a hospital coder, uncle a psychologist. That said, there are a plethora of future opportunities in other fields so why narrow it down so early?

Despite all this negativity surrounding a profession I had always desired, a chord was struck during my sophomore year of high school. And that was towards chemistry. I love the subject matter very much and there is a perfect blend between math and observation, almost a bliss within itself. Experiments are not only enjoyable but educational. While my ultimate career remains shrouded in mystery, I most certainly am majoring in chemistry.

Selda

Mysteries of the Deep
I forgot to tell you, that i either want to be a video game designer, or an Author. I'm Currently working on my 12th novel and my 4th comic book!

onidarklink2

An Hero of our Time
I'd like to be a writer of some sorts; maybe I'd write books or write the scripts for a movie, or write books that get made into movies. I like reading and watching others' works so I figure it'd be kind of neat if I could write my own. I know that this won't happen though because I have little, if any, talent with the subject and even if I did the odds of me being able to make a living off of a job like that would be very low. I've also pretty much given up on anything of the such a long time ago; I lack the motivation and confidence to start writing.

Another option I've been considering for some time is to become a psychologist. I like the subject of the mind and its inner and outer workings and I like learning about various aspects of the mind and some of the disorders that have become a part of the subject, and I think I'd find it fun trying to figure out what's going on in people's heads and why they act and think the way they do. Of course, getting a job as a psychologist will take lots of time and hard work and I'll probably end up in a lot of debt from college and even then I likely won't be able to find any work.

-.- I have no idea what'll become of me in the future. I guess I'm a wildcard.

I had no idea what I wanted to do throughout my teenage years. It wasn't until I was a junior in high school that my guidance counselor suggest I duel-enroll at the local college in the Culinary Arts department. I was pretty hesitant, but I eventually agreed to it. BEST decision of my life. I found that I really enjoyed the foodservice industry, and that I wanted to make desserts and all kinds of other pastries. After I graduated from high school and the college, I moved up to where I am now and looked into Culinary Arts programs at one of the local colleges. There was a college that was offering them, but they were revamping the program, so I didn't enroll for another couple of years. I eventually enrolled, and I will be graduating by the end of this year, and will even be going again for the new Baking/Pastry course that will hopefully be implemented by this time next year.

I also have though about maybe having a side career as an author, as I really enjoy writing. I don't know how it would pan out, but it's something I've thought about. I'd have to look into writing as a career more before making a big decision like that.

octorok74

TETTAC
I like to be a game creator. The way I see it is that the industry is only going to grow and so I'll have a semi decent job.

My dream job though is to work at RoosterTeeth. Those guys are awesome, their videos are awesome, and I've heard that their barbecues are awesome.

Moosh_is_cool

Still a Moosh fan!
Ideally, something mixing art, peace activism, human rights activism, and psychology.

Maybe I'll take a gamble and go with webcomics. Most people can't live off of a webcomic, but it isn't impossible by any means. And with the right mix of themes, I could start something really enjoyable.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom