• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What is you favourite glitch you've performed in a Zelda game?

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
I've never stumpbled upon one but the glitch in LA where you can warp to them same spot on the map but one cell over is quite fun to play with. It gives you access to areas that otherwise you would need items like the rocs feather or power bracelet to get to.
Dangit! You stole mine! I've beaten the game after the second dungeon using this awesome glitch! Unfortunately, it doesn't work on the DX version.

There's a sequence break in the Tower of the Gods in Wind Waker where you use a statue to clip through a wall and leaf pump (pull out Deku leaf, put it away, and pull it out again repeatedly as fast as possible in midair) to the door that's at the center of the first floor. You basically skip the first floor this way. It's pretty fun

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
Of course we've all done or at least heard of the Swordless Link Glitch. Well I worked on an original offshoot of it for a while with limited success. Do the SLG and head to Lake Hylia on Epona. Hookshot to the center tree. Hop off Epona and fly toward the fishing hole. Once close to the wall, I tried to get a tektite to knock me over the wall (it can and will, I just haven't perfected it). Once over the wall, the water extends for a dozen feet then drops off. My plan was to enter the fishing hole from the inside out! Remember how entering the Kakariko house from the wrong direction as a child will get you into the adult bazaar? I wonder what would happen at the fishing hole......

Permanently switching out unneeded items for extra bottles in OoT (N64). You get a bottle out and swipe it to grab water or a bug or something, but immediately after you pause the game and switch to a nonessential item, like deku seeds or magic beans, and it transforms into a bottle permanently when you unpause the game because it makes the water or bug catching animation. It helps to have like 7 bottles instead of 4.

I never glitch when playing, but I had an unintentional one with Majora's Mask that was freaky (and no, this isn't gonna be the Ben drowned thing).

I think I jammed the cartridge into my N64 a little weird, then I turned it on and saw that I no longer had save files. Annoying, but since I was planning on starting a new game anyway it was no biggie. Go through the opening cutscene, skull kid leaves me behind, I gain control of Link annnnnnnnnd.... die instantly.

Game starts again, still in the woods area, and every c-button slot has the ocarina of time. B button slot where sword is supposed to be? Ocarina. Mask and item subscreens? Every slot filled with the ocarina. Press any button besides start and a? Link takes out the ocarina (but obviously doesn't know any songs).

To this day I regret not seeing how far I could get in this mode. Instead I panicked, turned off the system, took out the cartridge and put it back in... and suddenly all my old data was back. It was really weird!

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
I never glitch when playing, but I had an unintentional one with Majora's Mask that was freaky (and no, this isn't gonna be the Ben drowned thing).

I think I jammed the cartridge into my N64 a little weird, then I turned it on and saw that I no longer had save files. Annoying, but since I was planning on starting a new game anyway it was no biggie. Go through the opening cutscene, skull kid leaves me behind, I gain control of Link annnnnnnnnd.... die instantly.

Game starts again, still in the woods area, and every c-button slot has the ocarina of time. B button slot where sword is supposed to be? Ocarina. Mask and item subscreens? Every slot filled with the ocarina. Press any button besides start and a? Link takes out the ocarina (but obviously doesn't know any songs).

To this day I regret not seeing how far I could get in this mode. Instead I panicked, turned off the system, took out the cartridge and put it back in... and suddenly all my old data was back. It was really weird!
Dude, no way. That is SICK! I will say, you sound like one of the sadists who posts bogus "cheat codes". I remember as a child, desperately trying to get the AK-47 in OoT. Go to Kakariko Village and face the tree in the center of the village, looking toward the gate. Hit the tree with the Master Sword 37 times, bomb the tree then take exactly ten steps back and a secret grotto will open. Inside is a chest containing the AK-47 with infinite ammo.

Filthy liars.

D

Deleted member 14134

Getting the motion controls to work properly in Skyward Sword, it almost made the game playable.

TattooArtist

I'm the B and my boyfriend is the T in LGBT ❤
I don't know what it's called or how to actually trigger it, but there's some infinite falling glitch in Skyward Sword. Since you don't lose hearts from falling from the Sky, if where you fell causes you to respawn over the Sky, you'll just keep falling over and over and you are forced to reset the game since there is no way out of it. Either way, I think it's hilarious, though I was super confused the first time I had it happened to me.

This is the only footage I have of it, if you don't know what I'm talking about. Not that this video really helps at all.

Cool TV

Spamomanospam

Captain Kick-ass
In the original Ocarina of Time you could use a glitch to make Link play the Ocarina but switch to most any item and have him use that item... As the Ocarina. You were able to play the Biggoron's sword, the Megaton hammer, bombs, and a few other things I think. He'd just blow a sweet tune on his sword. Didn't help at all, but it was funny.

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
In the original Ocarina of Time you could use a glitch to make Link play the Ocarina but switch to most any item and have him use that item... As the Ocarina. You were able to play the Biggoron's sword, the Megaton hammer, bombs, and a few other things I think. He'd just blow a sweet tune on his sword. Didn't help at all, but it was funny.
It totally did help if you wanted to do the Swordless Link Glitch in any version aside from version 1.0 and 1.1.

Dude, no way. That is SICK! I will say, you sound like one of the sadists who posts bogus "cheat codes". I remember as a child, desperately trying to get the AK-47 in OoT. Go to Kakariko Village and face the tree in the center of the village, looking toward the gate. Hit the tree with the Master Sword 37 times, bomb the tree then take exactly ten steps back and a secret grotto will open. Inside is a chest containing the AK-47 with infinite ammo.

Filthy liars.

Lol and killing redeads would've looked like the walking dead!

My only "liar" glitch was that for years I thought the sinker lure didn't exist because I just couldn't find it. Now, however, I know better and have found the loach haha

My favorite is in Majoras Mask. When you use your hookshot to get to the treasure chest in South Clock Town and then jump off towards the stairs. You literally fall through the stairs and end up in East Clock Town as though you just walked there naturally! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom