• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What is with Nintendo and Europe Lately?

Twilit Archon

We Burn... Burn With Us.
First they get Skyward Sword 2 days before us, which really isn't a big deal, but now they are also getting a limited edition Zelda 25th anniversary 3DS? What the frak is that? I'm personally getting kind of tired of Nintendo's random crap.

Nothing against Europe, but I just don't appreciate country exclusives. Japan exclusives I can at least understand, the company is in Japan, and maybe they think something isn't worth shipping out because it won't be well received in other countries, but I simply can't comprehend how Nintendo thinks a limited edition Zelda item will be less well received in America than in Europe. That's like Squeenix releasing a Europe only rerelease of FF7.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
They're already gotten the attention of the States, so now they're working toward making Europe aware it's the 25th Anniversary. I just hope they make the 3DS bundle available worldwide after a time.

PK Love Omega

PK Flash's Good Twin
I am going to be honest, not a lot of gamers here in the UK(Assuming the rest of Europe) are very hardcore and only know if a game is coming out by watching TV and seeing an advert. So, they are announced(99.9% Sure that it will come out in America) the 25th Anniversary 3DS for Europe so that they are aware. Atleast I think. But it is a bit pathetic they didn't announced it at the same time. That's my opinion though.

Poe

ᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀs ᴀɴᴅ ᴅɪsᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀs
I wasn't even aware of a limited edition 3DS.

Really though this seems like an attempt by Nintendo to get the European attention back on their side. We tend to get the poor end of bundle deals, and I point you towards OoT3D where the UK at least just got a pretty second box, and in the past there have been games where the release day has been months apart.
I highly doubt this is a matter of the item being 'less well-received’; it seems more of a 'look at this shiny thing' ploy.

Realistically though, it seems like a poor marketing decision. I can't speak for anyone else but I rarely see video game related adverts, and when I do they're for Xbox or the PS3, why make an exclusive if there's no method to make it's presence known? Maybe i'm just bitter about them making a different colour while my 3DS is basically a high-priced paper weight though.

S

SS,OoT,WW,TP

I think its just Nintendo paying their dues, for years it was always us Americans getting things first, so Nintendo is just telling the Europeans that they still care. And a exclusive re-release of final fantasy vii would make me mad, but I can import it. :)

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
Or maybe there is more money to earn in europe compared to USA. The euro is more valuable then the dollar after all. Maybe that why they always check how the sales are going b4 they begin to sell in USA. thats my guess at least.

Oh and may i tell you that germany already has skyward sword available since the beginning of november. Since most european copies comes from germany, they must already leaked out the sales.

Oh well, there was a time that USA would only get the good stuff =P

Byrne

Waterloo
I used to live in eorope, But after we came here I DIDN'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT ZELDA OR NINTENDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I bought a ds, and Ghosi saw that it was good, so she bought one for herselfe. I saw ST, I begged my parents to buy it. Ghosi followed my addiction toward zelda.
The point is, Nintendo is starting to get popular in eorope.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom