• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What is Twinmold's Boss Room?

SavageWizzrobe

Eating Link since 1987
This has been bothering me lately...

In the inverted Stone Tower Temple, you enter the inverted Light Arrow room just before entering Twinmold's room and there is a portal where the sky is. I've also noticed that Twinmold's room is the only desert-like area in Majora's Mask.
Lately, I've heard a theory that this portal to Twinmold's room is the method through which the ancient tribe sealed Majora's Mask.
The pieces of evidence that seem to support this are the pillars in Twinmold's room with Majora's Mask on them, and the statue at the entrance of the inverted Stone Tower Temple heavily resembling Majora's Mask. Plus, Twinmold's room seems to be in an alternate dimension, which would be an ideal place to seal something as dangerous as Majora's Mask.

What's your take on this, ZD?

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
That is the accepted theory, yes. When the temple is right-side-up you can see a yellow swirling portal in the sky. This is taken by many to be the entrance into the Sacred Realm. The Goddesses were infuriated by the arrogance and blasphemy of the ancient Ikana people and of the Stone Tower temple in particular. (look at the outside of the dungeon, it has a face similar to the Four Giants on it, with a flaming finger pointed at the heavens in a manner that screams "Screw You, Goddesses!"; the moving blocks have the only depiction of the Triforce in Termina, but it is situated in a very crude spot on the statues; there are also four phallic-looking pillars by the entrance as well, symbolizing the four Giants and their masculinity, in defiance to the Goddesses' femininity.)

In response to their blasphemy, they inverted the temple, to where instead of leading to the Sacred Realm, it would instead lead to Hell or some other lower realm of existence. This is where they found Majora, in that endless desert, and they got the idea to use the mask in their hexing rituals as some sort of homage to their demon god. Until they became afraid of its power and sealed it away in that endless desert. (Interesting that they would depict the underworld not as some traditional hellfire-and-brimstone cavern but as an endless desert...)

As for why Twinmold is fought there... Idunno, Twinmold's just awesome, and that's the only place in Termina that could contain his awesomeness.

What bugs me is how the Happy Mask Salesman acquired the Mask in the first place. Did he somehow break into that endless desert and steal the Mask? Why? Was he planning on using it for some untold means?

Last edited:

SNOlink

I'm baack. Who missed me?
I think this theory makes sense. Not only does the Happy Mask Salesman says that the mask was sealed away, but people (I think it's Igos Ikana more specifically) in Ikana Canyon say that there was a dark force released from the temple, so it does seem like this would be possible.

SavageWizzrobe

Eating Link since 1987
What bugs me is how the Happy Mask Salesman acquired the Mask in the first place. Did he somehow break into that endless desert and steal the Mask? Why? Was he planning on using it for some untold means?

Yeah, I was just thinking about that. How was Majora's Mask acquired from the endless desert? For one, if the Mask was in the endless desert, then would someone, like the HMS, have to climb Stone Tower, invert it, and then proceed to the portal to the endless desert? That seems sort of infeasible to me. Is there some other way to enter the endless desert?
About the HMS's motivation for acquiring the Mask, he implies that he wanted it as a sort of material status symbol (he does call it a legendary mask after all) despite the dark omen that he felt when he acquired it. The HMS actually is not just a salesman but also a collector, so he probably would keep something as rare and valuable as Majora's Mask.

Keeseman

Smash is Life
While reading this, I thought of a couple things:

On the moon, the Scene takes place in a grassy field with a large tree smack in the center. This is an unusual sight for a place like the moon (duh).
So I wonder, could there be more strange places on the moon? Maybe, like a desert?

Could the seemingly endless desert actually be on the moon?
Could the portal to Twinmold's boss room actually be a portal to this area of the moon?
Could Majora's Mask have been sealed on the moon in this area, via the portal to the moon?
Could the evil that entered this area of Termina be leaking from the moon through the portal?

I don't know, this is just speculation, with not much evidence to support it, but there doesn't seem to be any against either...

Would it make sense that this desert is actually on the moon?

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
I don't think anyone could miss that ^^. If one were to think of it like this. The lost woods was a gateway to a forest type place which in turn led to the central area of termina, on could argue that Kokiri Forest was a central area to OOT in the fact that two dungeons are based there, so if you think of it like this the forest had a sort of eternal forest leading to termina so there could be a gateway within the gerudo desert which leads to that hellish place Twinmold resides and where legend states Majora was sealed, Ganon was born in the desert and Majora was imprisoned in a parallel desert, making both spots areas of concetrated evil would it not? So what's to say that a gateway didn't exist it would certainly explain how the HMS got to termina and claimed the mask. Also Twinmold is arguably the strongest of the guardians and Majora would obviously want protection for its own personel temple if you think that stone tower was the imprionment that Majora suffered.

You could also believe that Stone Tower is a giant Locking mechanism if it is upright then the hellish region that Twinmold is in is sealed and the Garo Master acts as the Key guardian, once the temple is turned upside down the gateway opens, i imagine this is how the evil flowed through from that hellish plane.

The goddesses exceeding wroth doth turn the temple of stone down to hell and unleashed an unimaginable evil upon the land, and as final punishment they sealed them away to never receive enlightenment nor help with their bane. As the land recovered from the imp of hell a salesman with evil intent stole from its hellish dimension a mask best left alone, a mask that can highhandedly destrioy the land, the imp rose and stole the mask with help from his two glowing compatriots.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom