• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

what is the worst zelda boss ever

Hylian Viking

A modern day Hyrule warrior mean mean stride.
Tentalus because of how cartoonist and stupid he looked. And of course the Imprisoned. They should've left it with one battle. Flying Imprisoned? Stupid as ****!! Although it looked kinda funny
Exactly, Tentalus and The Imprisoned are super derpy looking. Tentalus looks more like something from Monsters, Inc. I remember when I was playing Skyward Sword HD on my Switch Lite, I was like in my head "It's big, It's purple, It's destroying the dungeon, It's.....from Monsters, Inc." As for The Imprisoned he looks like a giant avocado, seriously I wonder how much guacamole I could make out of him. I am going to need a lot of pico de gallo, jalapeños and lime juice.

Last edited:

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
Definitely Ghirahim. I understand that you're supposed to make him think you're about to slash one way and then slash a different way. I never once got that to work. I don't know if it was garbage motion controls or just bad Ghirahim programming, but it was the most frustrating thing. It basically deteriorated to me swinging the wiimote wildly and hoping I got it.

AoL: Rebonak-Fighting blue iron knuckles is not fun. Fighting a tougher blue iron knuckle who starts his health bar again, (yes I know its the horse's) is aggravating.

Moldorm and Evil Eagle-And any boss that can knock you off to restart the fight. That's not challenging, its cheap.

MC: Giant Chu Chu. Giant enemies as bosses worked great in Yoshi's Island. The concept fell flat in Zelda. What a lame boss.

SS: The motion controls.

LADX: Anglerfish was disappointingly easy.

OoT3D: Twinrova-The concept is not a bad one, but the mirror shield is unwieldy to use in 3D.

MM3D: I don't see what's so fun about Goht. You chase him around in a circle and then shoot arrows into him. I also greatly dislike Twinmold, the first one is fine, but using the Giant's Mask sucks, because Link moves so slow. Big doesn't mean moving like molasses. Haven't these people ever seen a video of an elephant charging?

WWHD-I don't remember having fun with any of the boss fights in that game, before i called it quits.

BotW-Its all palette swaps of Ganon. Booooring.

Last edited:

The Dashing Darknut

DD, the dashing one
Morpha and Morpheel. Both are just bad. With Morpha, you can easily cheese the fight by grabbing the ball thing, bringing it into a corner, and then slash at it. It’s underwhelming, not to mention it has a pretty boring appearance. As for Morpheel, it has a pretty scary appearance, but the fight is not good. First phase is a lot like Morpha’s, but then the second phase is worse. It’s very hard to get hit, and it’s just boring. I would add Moldorm and some Skyward Sword bosses, but people already mentioned those.

Maybe Mazura from Zelda 2. Even for the first boss, there's not much going on with him.

Zelda 1 Ganon is also absolutely lifeless IMO, you can beat him in like thirty seconds, and he doesn't put up much of a fight.

Zelda 1 Gohma dies in one hit(lol), so she is a good mention.

In fact, every boss in Zelda 1 aside from Gleeok and maybe Aquamentus was trash, IMO.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
And of course Ganon fight part 2 in BotW. It's supposed to be epic like in OoT. You and Ganon in Hyrule Field. But all he ever does is standing there and literally doesn't do anything. It's extremely easy to hit him and finish him off blindfolded because he's way too slow to even try to hit you.

And of course Ganon fight part 2 in BotW. It's supposed to be epic like in OoT. You and Ganon in Hyrule Field. But all he ever does is standing there and literally doesn't do anything. It's extremely easy to hit him and finish him off blindfolded because he's way too slow to even try to hit you.

Meh, I'm fine with this part of the fight. It's meant to be a victory lap, like the second part of the Mother Brain fight in Super Metroid.

MapelSerup

not actually Canadian
Link's Shadow from AoL. Cool twist, but so difficult that I can't make up my mind about whether or not it's a good thing it's so easily cheesed.

MW7

I have two I really dislike. First is the Head Thwomp in the second dungeon in Oracle of Ages. It's been a while since I fought it, but I remember it being very tedious. You have to time bomb throws on spinning platforms, and the fact that you have limited bombs makes it worse.

Second is the Imprisoned. I don't know what they were thinking when they designed that boss and then decided to make you fight it three times. One time was too many, and the game would be better if it never existed.

I think the Imprisoned is definitely the most annoying boss with having to refight him multiple times with minor changes, but I feel the worst is either Aquamentus from the original TLoZ or Blaaz from Phantom Hourglass. First bosses are supposed to be easy, but they are too simple.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom