• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Is The WORST Video Game You've Ever Played?

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
images

Played it at my roomates house because his little brother wanted me to try it out. Beat it in literally like 25 minutes.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
Worst for me is hard to say, because whenever I play a game I don't like, I quit it pretty quickly and then proceed to forget about it, so I've probably played some horrible games and just forgotten about it.

However, I can name most disappointing game, which for me is Goblet of Fire. I really, really love the Harry Potter games, but Goblet of Fire removed everything that was actually fun about the games (being able to explore the school and grounds) and just made it into a menu where you picked the "level" you wanted to play. The spell-casting mechanic was broken as you had no control or say in what spell you cast, you just had to press a button and hope you delivered the right one, which you most of the time didn't. I just experienced it as random and uninteresting, which just doesn't compute when you're talking about Harry Potter. Thankfully they fixed this problem with Order of Phoenix and returned to having an explorable school.

O my goodness, this game is the dumbest thing ever. No direction. You fall into a hole and cannot get out and die. EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS GAME IS HORRIBLE. Didn't make it past 3 mins of playing before wanting to murder the game.
Yes the story about all the ET cars being dumped in a New Mexico landfill and conreted over to prevent looting of them was true. A few years back someone found them in the dump.

Surprisingly there is worse of a game in existance.
Tax Avoiders

$_35.JPG

And here is a screen shot from the game

0.jpg

Dan

Yes the story about all the ET cars being dumped in a New Mexico landfill and conreted over to prevent looting of them was true. A few years back someone found them in the dump.

Surprisingly there is worse of a game in existance.
Tax Avoiders

$_35.JPG

And here is a screen shot from the game

0.jpg

Maybe it was designed as a psychological metaphor to deter tax evasion?

Worst game I've ever played has to be Flappy Bird, ****tiest skinner box game around, and I still fall for it every time.

Maybe it was designed as a psychological metaphor to deter tax evasion?

Worst game I've ever played has to be Flappy Bird, ****tiest skinner box game around, and I still fall for it every time.
The game is not even about avoiding to pay tax. It's not even about tax at all. You just collect enough money in the 1st stage to go to the 2nd stage to run away from a man. If the man gets you, you go back to the first stage. That's it. That's the entire game.

Flappy Bird is pretty bad too. I'm surprised that Nintendo's lawyers didn't come calling about the original Flappy Bird as it's artwork was totally ripped out of Super Mario 3 / Super Mario World.

Kyru

WOAHHHH!
Well, let's be honest. Many games for the Atari sucked hard core. Super hard core. I have a working one and have played the many games I have and they are all pretty bad.

Other horrible games on my list include

Skate or Die 2
Metroid Other M
Skyward Sword
Adventures in the Magic Kingdom
Mickey Mousecapade
Epic Mickey 2
Donkey Kong Math
Every Bubsy game
Lilo and Stitch Hamsterveil Havoc
Finding Nemo for the GBA
Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz

Last edited:

selicyc

i never knew daylight could be so violent.
a mystery inside of an enigma wrapped in a soft fuzzy blanket of I don't even know what
I would say Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric or Sonic 06, but those are easy targets. So I'm going to second another user in saying Pokemon Channel is the worst game I've ever played.

The game was played in real time, and all you did was watch TV with a wild Pikachu. (The setup was similar to Hey You, Pikachu!, except there was no microphone to talk to him with, and you didn't say goodbye to him at the end of the game. The only time you said goodbye is when you saved and quit the game). The only way to "beat" it was to watch all five shorts of Pichu Bros in Party Panic, in which case you watched it again, in full, as a projection in the night sky and again on the TV. It was about half an hour in full length.

They also had a bunch of useless channels to watch. They had a quiz show in which you could not participate in, but a guessing game where you could bet if there was going to be an odd number of Oddishes or not. You watched Smoochums work out. Smeargle had his own art channel, and you could take a picture of something, paint it, frame it, then he would showcase it on his channel. Chansey would give you a fortune for the day, and that's it. There was a channel that counted Mareeps jumping over a fence. There was a shopping channel and news network channel, too. Although I got a good kick out of them at the start, they quickly turned dry and boring.

And if you decided to watch Slowpoke's Weather Report, well, may Arceus have mercy on your soul. It could take a few moments to what felt like forever (I think one time it took almost thirty minutes) to tell you what the weather was going to be in a particular area, and certain Pokemon only appeared outside in certain weather and time conditions. I was never so bored in my life with a game.

Mido

Version 1
I suppose I should consider myself lucky. I played plenty of disappointing and underwhelming games (i.e. Gears: Judgment), but nothing terrible per se. I can only thing of two games that I played that truly earned my disdain:

1.) Kingdom Under Fire: Circle of Doom: A hack-and-slash RPG that suffered from somewhat clunky and stiff controls; and some of the mechanics were meddlesome, such as a cooldown bar for simple striking attacks. It became a chore to play, and I lost interest very quickly. If anything, it wasn't so much the game that ticked me off as it was the circumstances surrounding my friend and I's purchase of the game. (Disclaimer: please read the back of the game if you want to check player requirements and such, and also, know how warranties work! It wasn't my finest hour....)

2.) The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct: I techincally did not purchase this game. My sister bought it for 20 dollars, being drawn in as a fan of the TV show. She warned me about how difficult it was, and she put it down quickly. When I finally tried it in real time, I was baffled, to say the least. The game didn't look bad, it just seemed mediocre, but the real issue was the horrid, terrifying, and gut-wrenching hit detection. I never played a zombie game in which it took me over a minute to kill one zombie, or 'walker.' As a result, I constanly got swarmed by zombies and killed within seconds! The controls were okay, but like I said before, the hit dectection by itself almost makes this game unplayable. This game is easily the worst I played on the Xbox 360.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom