• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What is the true colour of Ganon´s skin?

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
Stupid thread maybe. But in some games he looks more blueish, like in FSA and the oracle games. In WW, OoT and Alttp he looks more greenish. In LoZ I believe he was also kind of green looking. I do not remember TP but believe his skin looked green aswell. Is he green or blue? I vote for green, believe that suits him best!

Quick witted, aggressive, fiery tempered and highly attractive, the Gerudo are a tribe of thieves that first appeared in The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, living in the Gerudo Desert. Their race consists entirely of women, but legend has it that a man is born every hundred years, and this man is destined to become the King of the Gerudo. They have dark, tanned skin, red hair, and some say they have a rather bird-like appearance.
Ganondorf has always been shown with a slightly different shade. I still think it could be described the same way as the Gerudos. Even within a race, skin color can vary slightly.

Anyway, I say green. The Oracle games are Gameboy Color games, which means they had a limited palette. So the color doesn't necessarily mean much. As for FSA... well, he's in his pig form (usually known as "Ganon",) and I don't really think that counts (same with LttP.)

For this I think they do somewhat of a similar thing as to how Link is partially pink in ALTTP, maybe just throwing a random color in there, or it could be because that's how they actually look. Ganon the pig, looked green in ALTTP and OoT to me, and in LoZ kind of silver. Then regular Ganondorf comes from a very sun drenched place, which is why he has more darker skin.

So if we're talking about Ganon in pig, then Green. Human brown.

EponaOwns

The Real Master of Epona
With all the Ganons I have seen he looks like an olive green with a tint of brown, if I'm not mistaken. Sometimes it depends how the video game works. He is a gerudo but doesn't seem to have the type of skin as them. To tell the truth this is one thread that is worth looking at. very unique.

Chris

It has been awhile...
Ganondorf.jpg

OoT^

ganon-001_1195164477.jpg

TP^

Ganon.jpg

OoA/OoS^

250px-Ganon_ww.jpg

WW^

I hope that helps a little with your color choosing^.^

C

Caleb, Of Asui

I think as the Gerudo Ganondorf his skin is supposed to be a brownish green. All the other Gerudos have the brown shade, but not as much green. The beast Ganon (which I believe is somewhat displaced from Ganondorf) is blue in all of the 2d games, but the same shade as Ganondorf in the 3d games. This may relate to how close he is to being Ganondorf at the time. We never actually see Ganondorf in any of the 2d games, although Four Swords Adventures and (I'm pretty sure) A Link to the Past as well mention that Ganon was once Ganondorf.

Ganondorf has always been shown with a slightly different shade. I still think it could be described the same way as the Gerudos. Even within a race, skin color can vary slightly.

Anyway, I say green. The Oracle games are Gameboy Color games, which means they had a limited palette. So the color doesn't necessarily mean much. As for FSA... well, he's in his pig form (usually known as "Ganon",) and I don't really think that counts (same with LttP.)

Yeah, I pretty think the same. Overall, I would say a greenish gray colour. I think that the games where he was shown as "blue", was just throwing in a random design, or maybe Nintendo was experimenting with different templates for the characters.
Overall, I think that it would be a gray hued green colour. It seems to vary slightly in the games where he is shown as this colour, but I think that could be due to rendering engines, or perhaps the Gerudo's skin colour can vary upon certain groups of people.

I think the greenish skin suits him best. Yes, the rest of the Gerudo have more brown skin, but I think green was used to differentiate him from the rest of his tribe and to make him look more evil. Also, since he started out as Ganondorf (assuming that Ocarina of Time is first in the timeline), greenish must be his original skin colour.

Last edited:
I like his Twilight Princess look the best. He looks more believeable and evil.

I never understood his skin color in OoT. You'd think it would be the same color as the other Gerudo, but it was a weird greenish color>.<

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
In his Ganon form, Blue-ish and in Human form I believe he looks like a mid-east person or like an african, cause he was darker in TP

J

Japua_<3s_Ralis

He is a very darkly tanned man with an olive undertone to his skin. At least that is what I think.

bellum

Gamer since age 2
I dont know why anyone really cares what color his skin is but I'd have to say brownish green, after all hw is gerudo

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom