• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

MM-N64 What is the Subtitle Text Font for Bosses in Ocarina of Time, or a close equivalent to use?

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I was wanting to download the text font for the boss titles in OoT (for a linktober prompt, lol). I found the exact font used for the bolded boss names, but I didn't find any definitive answer on what font is being used for the subtitle before the boss name. For example, the font for "Evil Spirit from Beyond"

Phantom-Ganon-from-The-Legend-of-Zelda.jpg

I saw a reddit post saying it might be a modified version of Friz Quadrata, at least in the case of the subtitles in Majora's Mask, which I think is the same?

Any help would be appreciated!

This is a really odd synchronicity cuz I was thinking about this font's name earlier today for some reason. So anyway, fritz quadrata/quadrat is the font used in Ocarina of Time 3D's subtitles. The font used in the original is called Kokinedo.

EDIT: it would help me if I read the question. The font before the boss name looks like it MIGHT be rock'n'roll? Nintendo reuses a lot of these FontWorks fonts in their games. See if this looks right https://fonts.google.com/specimen/RocknRoll+One/tester

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom