• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What is the strangest crossover game you've played? And what's your favourite?

You know, crossover games when you get two IPs or ideas or franchises and you slam them together to make a game.
What is the strangest crossover game you've played? And what's your favourite?

One of the strangest crossovers I have played that was pretty good was Fortune Street / Boom Street.

GYVx56S.png
2iFrp3X.jpg
6NfVIgH.jpg

I own the PAL version here, I took a photo of mine as I could not find the PAL box art online.

What is this game?
It is Mario and Dragon Quest characters playing on different boards very similar is style to the monopoly game. With one differentiating twist. You can also play on an ingame stock market.

The purpose of the game is to have the most money after a set number of turns through property aquisition and playing the stock market.

This is a great game, very fun but suffers from broken AI. To unlock more boards you need to win on the already existing boards. On the final few boards, the AI seems to not be random anymore. It's just playing the best possible outcome, including rigging the dice rolls. It's a shame really. If all the boards were unlocked from the start, you could have some really fun multiplayer games of this.

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
In concept I would say Mario V Rabbits is the weirdest but I have yet to play it, it looks fun.

My favorite is Pokemon Conquest with Pokemon crossed with Nobunaga's Ambition that one is a lot of fun. :)

:wynaut:

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
I don't know about strange, but my favorite is definetly Pokémon Conquest for Nintendo DS (crossover between Pokémon and Nobunaga's Ambition.) It's honestly one of my favorite games and I wish there would be sequals, but there won't be...
Because of it I purchased and tried Nobunaga's Ambition: Sphere of Influence on Steam. It's quite good, but I must say I prefer the Pokémon version! (It's also very different in many ways)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom