• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What is the relationship between Link and Zelda!?

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend
Some think they're lovers, some think they're friends. Some including me thinks Link is the chosen one, the servant and that Zelink ships should not go beyond Manga and should not be in game.

But, Skyward Sword, the first game chronologically gives some romantic hints at the game. But it didn't give a conclusive evidence that they're in love.

So what do Zelink ships mean to you? Should it be kept in dark forever?

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
They're different every time and they mean what they mean as they're presented to me.
I think the same way. Nintendo will never put actual romance between Link and another character (at least not from both sides (Peatrice)), only implied feelings at the most. Zelda and Link are usually just strangers put together by fate, or friends. I've also never really shipped Link with Zelda, except for possibly in Spirit Tracks

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
zelda 2 is the only time I can think of where it's basically shown that link got w/ zelda in the end, most of every other games don't really lean too much into it, it's possible for some of them but it's up to how you see it

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
Link and Zelda's relationship vary from game to game but most of the time a romantic relationship would be complicated. She's a Princess and he's essentially a commoner, a heroic one but, a usually orphaned, commoner nonetheless. Skyward Sword Link and Zelda definitely got together tho. Spirit Tracks is a maaaaybe? Definitely good friends after theur adventure.

I personally enjoy a Link Zelda romance but it can be complicated...
Link is Zelda's tulpa.

Also whatever Skyward Sword says is irrelevant by default.
You know what this makes way more sense

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
I think they’re cute together, but it depends on the game. I really, really ship them in SS and BotW, but not so much in TP, because it’s obvious that Link like Ilia and she likes him, and Midna’s a better ship than Zelda is.

It all really depends on the game really. I like it when they do become closer than friends, it’s just so cute :pikalove:

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Zelda in short: A big bad evil (most of the times Ganondorf and sometimes another joker) invades Hyrule and kidnaps Zelda. Link has to save zelda, Hyrule and the whole World. Sometimes he gets to know Zelda better and sometimes he doesn't. After the events the end credits rolls and that's all folks. Everything else is up to your own imagination. You can ship Link with anybody. Not that we'll see anything happen in game besides some moment of sweet talk. Nintendo doesn't care with whom Link end up. Neither do I. As long as the story's good and the game also I'm satisfied.

A)They're friends
B )No, acquaintances
C) Someone they know slightly

Seriously, they almost never spend more then a few moments talking at a stretch. Link is her obedient little champion, but they hardly know each other.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
Yeah, they barely interact in most games. They'll meet up, Zelda will offer some cryptic advice about gods or mysticism or whatever, and then Link will run away and complete some temples. I'd be surprised if Link even knows her last name in most games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom