• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What is the one thing (or more) you did that makes you proud?

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
It can be a struggle sometimes but when you reach a goal you set for yourself the feeling can be very good. No matter how big or small it may seem to yourself or others. What is the one (or two, or three, or whatever) thing you did that makes you proud?
It can be anything as long as it made or makes you proud for achieving it.

The one thing I'm very proud of is losing 34 kg in 3 years time. I already lost 10 in 2017 but between july 2020 and dec 2021 I lost 24 more and managed to keep it off. Something I never managed to do ever before in my life. It was time to turn on that switch inside my head. So that achievement makes me very proud at myself :)
But enough about me...WHAT ABOUT YOU??? TELL ME! TELL US! ALL OF US!

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
I'm very bad at feeling proud of myself, and I really need to get better at it.
My brain works in that way that anything that I achieve is what anyone should be able to do, the bare minimum. I know that this isn't the case & that I should be proud of the many things in life I've been able do accomplish.
I've made it through university, I got myself a full time job, I'm running a youtube-channel (and I'm good at making videos) with daily uploads, I have tons of other interests and hobbies that I keep up with and I just finally got an apartment!
All these are things I know I should be proud of, and to a certain extent I am, but my brain keeps telling me that because I could do it, anyone could, so it's nothing special.

But I am trying to be proud of it!
However, I am very proud of myself as a person! I may have terrible self-confidence, but my self-esteem is through the roof!

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
I'm very bad at feeling proud of myself, and I really need to get better at it.
My brain works in that way that anything that I achieve is what anyone should be able to do, the bare minimum. I know that this isn't the case & that I should be proud of the many things in life I've been able do accomplish.
I've made it through university, I got myself a full time job, I'm running a youtube-channel (and I'm good at making videos) with daily uploads, I have tons of other interests and hobbies that I keep up with and I just finally got an apartment!
All these are things I know I should be proud of, and to a certain extent I am, but my brain keeps telling me that because I could do it, anyone could, so it's nothing special.

But I am trying to be proud of it!
However, I am very proud of myself as a person! I may have terrible self-confidence, but my self-esteem is through the roof!
This is one of the most relatable things I've ever read my good sir. I don't feel like I've achieved anything remarkable in my life, but I (usually) feel pretty good about myself, which sometimes spirals into feeling like a waste of potential :shrugs:

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
I am still quite pleased with myself for having shattered a dudes kneecap in my school. I have literally lived off of that reputation for the last few years. Just having everyone talk about how the 70lb girl took out a 300lb football player is hilarious. (It was totally an accident but don't tell anyone that)

Unironically, probably my drawings. I've been working hard at it the past few months, and it makes me so happy to see how I've improved. I hope to get better, I'm still not nearly where I could be.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Unironically, probably my drawings. I've been working hard at it the past few months, and it makes me so happy to see how I've improved. I hope to get better, I'm still not nearly where I could be.

You should definitely be proud of them, they're so good! And if that's the place you're at now just think of how good they'll be with more practice!

I'm proud of getting my license. I have been afraid to drive my whole life pretty much. One of my reoccurring dreams involves crashing into water, and I have intrusive thoughts when I'm in a car around water about driving into it. But I worked on it and am more comfortable with driving now, even though I still do occasionally have those dreams and thoughts. I just have to work past them.

I'm also proud of starting to get some of my OCD under control. It's not easy when your mind is so against you, so overcoming that feels good.

There’s not a ton of them, and tbh looking back I think some are not so great, but I do have some art I was pretty proud of achieving at the time.

0C54B53F-DA2D-47CE-9C39-244912230F6B.jpeg01D48B99-308F-4535-86F0-3DCD0397E169.jpeg285BA953-F0E9-4B5E-8597-24044EA7D365.jpegB77FAFA5-BCB8-42BF-9CE9-6881BE6391F9.jpeg7803B003-830B-4D5F-B6FB-0C49A6C9F47E.jpeg4464DC4F-1160-4706-B0A1-514318E25B32.jpeg79519C34-A2A3-43DC-9B44-F171158C8136.jpegC68AA097-99C8-46E4-B8BE-38A3BF63F82F.jpeg
Beyond that, well, it’s hard to say really. I could say I’m proud of keeping to most jobs I’ve had for longer than a year at least, but that’s not terribly difficult to accomplish with a lot of them. I would almost say for having lost 50 pounds at one point, but that was many years ago now and I’ve unfortunately gained a lot more, and it’s tough to find that drive again.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Hmm one of the things I am most proud of has got to be opening my own clinic and becoming successful in business. It was a smart move as I now have great freedom and control over my own life.

One other is going from a skinny to a swole person at age 19 I decided I had enough of the skinny life and gained 40kilos in about two years. I've been lifting ever since.

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
I'm not really proud of much that I've done, but I am in my last year of college (graduating in May) so I guess that's something to look on with a bit of pride.

I also started learning Japanese in the past year after having wanted to do so for quite some time. There's that as well.

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
Honestly, my musicianship and guitar playing.

I've been playing since I was 9 years old, I'm almost 32 now. I apparently am my own worst music critic, because I still think there's things I have to improve on. I still think of my playing as subpar, even if my wife, bandmates, friends, family, and my wife's friends think I sound great.

My specialty is heavy metal, but I am getting deeper into learning gypsy jazz, and it's slow going, but I'm happy with my progress.

Anyone looking to improve on an instrument quickly, play songs as early as you can, and as often as you can, on top of doing your exercises. Trust me, music itself is a great teacher.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom