• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What is the most useless item in the series?

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
What the hell? Hawkeye is one of the most useful items in the series.

I always thought the Hawkeye was freakin awesome. But this thread isn’t about whether the item is cool or not, it’s about how useful it was. I think it was very useful in certain situations, mainly the area just before arbiters grounds, but in the long run it wasn’t an item I would keep equipped for longer than a minute.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
The Magic Armour from Twilight Princess. Talk about an item I hated so much I took it off after using it for less than 2 seconds.

Seriously, in a game like TP in which even the final boss does hardly any damage and recovery hearts are running rampant, a piece of armour that constantly drains rupees is totally worthless; and if you run out of rupees, it's more of a hindrance than anything. There's an annoying sidequest required to unlock it which involves donating lots of rupees and painstakingly taking a barrel of water to a lonely Goron, only to purchase the armour for a high price and realize it isn't even a good item. 0/10 useless item, would not use again, would rather spend my rupees having Tingle decipher my maps.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Deku Nuts in Ocarina of Time. I've never found the enemies in this game difficult enough that I needed to stun them.

Piggybacking off that, the Ice Arrow in the same game was also useless, and what was worse about it was it had a whole mini-dungeon centered around obtaining it.

Shameless plug.

I also felt like the Gust Bellows from Skyward Sword was pretty useless. Sucking sand up wasn't fun for me.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Deku Nuts in Ocarina of Time. I've never found the enemies in this game difficult enough that I needed to stun them.

Piggybacking off that, the Ice Arrow in the same game was also useless, and what was worse about it was it had a whole mini-dungeon centered around obtaining it.

Shameless plug.

I also felt like the Gust Bellows from Skyward Sword was pretty useless. Sucking sand up wasn't fun for me.

Deku Nuts can be massively abused on nearly everything and can be used to stun ganon long enough to swipe his tail.....Useless i think not.

Ice Arrows, these are semi handy if you ever got em before shadow temple buuuut that'd be rare and the effect is pretty much arrows anyway so zip utterly useless

That is indeed a shameless plug

Gust Bellows did have a bit of a silly use with some enemies as you could gust at them and knock them off balance sometimes. aside from that it's a vacuum, handy for a sidequest and dusting but meh.

To chip in on this i want to add the masks from OOT, not Skull or Mask of Truth but the Gerudo, Zora and Goron masks they were literal flavor text items, the Kokiri Tunic and Boots were useless items with no benefits to them at all and Farores wind is a useless item because i've never met a person who had to leave a temple mid way through for any reason they literally just shoved items at you whenever.

no one said cane of byrna? like i think it was intended to be found before the magic cape, so you having to tank a spike floor to get to it would make the concept of it granting invincibility as something useful would be demonstrated by the trek through spikes to get it. and ive gotten it before the magic cape in several playthroughs, sure. but the magic cape basically defeats the purpose of it as it grants invisibility AND intangibility/invincibility. for the few segments where you utilize these concepts for puzzle solving in like ice palace and stuff, its always the magic cape that is used because the intangibility is necessary. ive never really used the magic cape outside of puzzles (or avoiding wallmasters in skull woods when i was feeling like a scaredy cat :eyes:), so like... if im not using it to nullify damage ever, theres no reason i'd use the cane of byrna either.

Most of the items in Twilight Princess. The Spinner and the Dominion Rod particularly, but the slingshot is useless because you get the bow as your very next item. The fishing rod, too, because there's a different fishing rod used in the only place worth catching fish at. The Ball and Chain is barely useful outside of its dungeon too, but at least it has combat potential. The Spinner is useless outside of the Arbiter's Grounds save like one spot in the world, same goes for the Dominion Rod. TP has the worst item usage in the entire series.
Took the words right outta my mouth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom