• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What is the Most Recent Game That You Completed?

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Tomb Raider

If this game isn't a serious contender for best video game ever then IDK what is. Nearly everything about this title screams perfection. From the graphics and animation to the narrative and controls to the exploration and RPG aspects ... pretty much everything but the QTEs. QTEs can suck farts and die.

Really, the character and environmental graphics nearly surpass the best I have ever seen on a 7th gen console. The art direction is top notch! The animations are the most fluid and nuanced I have ever seen in CGI and that includes animated film. The contextual controls for movement, jumping, climbing, platforming, and shooting are all responsive and precise and the game is highly cinematic without taking too much control away from players. The melee kills switch to a contextual camera for more dramatic effect while Lara drives her climbing axe into enemies skulls. It's visceral and exciting and a very nice visual flair!

The writing is also among the best I have ever heard of in a video game. Of course the center of the story is Lady Croft, but every character is given a spectacular performance! The voice acting is absolutely stellar and the bad guy is one of the best I have ever seen in any story! Lara herself has been given a drastic improvement. Not only is she much more visually appealing but also vulnerable and compassionate enough to feel human and capable enough to be one helluva exciting action hero! I think I may have fallen in love with her :lol:

The island on which the game takes place is also a spectacular environment for Lara's adventure! There is a variety of highly detailed environments just littered with goodies to search for and discover in return for points to improve Lara's skills or upgrade her arsenal of weapons. It really feels like you're taking part in developing Lara into the cunning adventurer she's know as! Each area is a joy to climb and crawl all over! Every area bleeds atmosphere and the island itself stands as Lara's most dangerous foe in the whole adventure with a sinister personality all its own.

Aside from some quite infuriating unbalanced difficulty and the inclusion of QTEs which are enough on their own to make me wish death upon all those who make me suffer them Tomb Raider is easily one of the best video games ever played! And for anyone who enjoys violence and Zelda this game takes the cake and runs with it! or for anyone who enjoys having a great time playing super awesome video games :)

Okay I'm done gushing now :)

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
FINALLY finished Chris' campaign in Resident Evil 6. I've Ada's left then I can get Infinite Ammo for all me guns. :3
-------

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Bioshock Infinite! And just wow. The story blew me away, let alone some solid gameplay. Can recommend it to anybody.

BoxTar

i got bored and posted something
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon for the 3DS. Freakin' LOVED this game. Its one of the only games I've played in a LONG time where I could just not put it down. It held true to the original, while still having new and original features, and not overusing the 3D for stupid gimmicks. Now I gotta go play the GC one again...

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
I beat The Adventure of Link for the very first time last month on my 3DS! Oh my gosh, I was so excited. Thunderbird killed me a good twenty times -- that's honestly very little of an exaggeration -- and Dark Link was terribly easy in comparison. I was so happy after defeating Thunderbird that I tried to rush out of my room to tell my sister, forgetting that the headphones were plugged in and the system was charging. The charger tore out of the wall and made me trip, causing me to loudly drop the 3DS behind the laundry basket and ripping out the earbuds that were still in my ears in the process. But I was so happy that I didn't even care.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Completed my story-focused Fire Emblem: Awakening run last night. Now let me tell you, I have a much higher appreciation for the second arc of the story, but a much lowered appreciation for the third arc. Now I realize it is the third that was rushed, the third that had little impact (although Endgame has the sexiest music ever made for a video game), and the third that was downplayed. I mean, at least the second arc dealt with complex themes. The third was little more than "deus ex machina go!!1one" and that resulted, of course, in the villain's defeat/slumber. Oh well. At least I can play Future of Despair as a parallel theme that deals closer with death, loss, and sorrow. :3
------
Finally finished Resident Evil 6.

Request Sticky por favor

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom