• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What is the Most Disgusting Word, I Mean a Word That is Gross to Say.

Shadow Lord

Pinky Pie the Gypsy Bard!
Judging by the fact that everyone on this website has forgotten me, I feel the need to post something. My friend is more famous on another website (which I made and then pulled off after it got ruined.) and was given a list of 100 questions to answer. One of them was "what is the grossest word?" This does not mean a gross noun or adjective or verb, but a word that is gross to say. Not think about. The best we could come up with, is any word with the root word "moist." We want to know what other people think.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
Antibiotics

I say this because it is the one word in the English language I cannot say properly. I always mess it up, every single fudging time! No seriously, I have never once said it properly first try for as long as I can remember. I hate it because of this. Make it go away please.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I think the grossest word to say would have to be "huggles" if it counts as a word. It just leaves a disparaging feel in the bottommost pits of my stomach. :sick:

The next word in line would be "glomps", though again that isn't a real word.

The NEXT word in line would be, I don't know, "accurate". The word doesn't roll off my tongue very well, and I've some pretty negative connotations with it anyway. I much prefer "precise". :P

L

Lil' Janey

Since I helped you come up with that word with the others Shadow, I'm going to agree with thw word moist.

And also, since these were my questions in the first place, I'm going to make threads out of the other ones. HISS. Oh, and Mags says hi.

I don't want to get banned but.

xingyi+rooster.jpg

I'm a synesthete, therefore I often find many words to be gross for seemingly no apparent reason. For example, I find most words that start with the letter /n/ to smell (taste? :O) like BO and arse. The letter /n/ produces a sharp, stringent, smelly odor that makes me cringe. It actually evokes one of the very few visual emotions on my deadpan face...

Some other words that I find gross are lewd, lust, moist, and words that include the /unf/ and /ss/ sounds; although, I am sure there are many others that don't come to mind at the moment. Ugh... I also agree with Seth in regards to "manhole."

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
I'd have to go with the Norwegian word "snerk" (translated it means "skin" as in that layer you get on top of your cocoa if you leave it be for too long), it just gives me the heebie jeebies whenever someone says it...

It pains my larynx to say larynx. I just don't like how nasal the word is. I don't have quite as much a problem with the word laryngitis, but I think the -itis suffix padded out part of the throat-tensing that I feel when I say the the -ynx part of the word.

Roentgenium gets an honorable mention. I'm a person who learns pronunciations on my own, so if I learn to mispronounce something from reading about it beforehand, then it's a hard habit to fix. I was dreading finishing memorizing the periodic table, because I wasn't sure how to deal with the consonant cluster, ntg. I broke it down in syllables, ro·ent·gen·i·um, but that one spot sounds muffled on my tongue and it bothers me. [Ironically, Roentgenium's old name, Unununium, was one of my favorite words to say].

arkvoodle

Diabolical
Flesh, larynx and saliva always seem to weird me out if I focus on them for long enough. The tongue and mouth movements combined with the saliva movements and general sound of the words just makes me shudder. D': Saliva sounds particularly odd because of the slightly elongated sound of "Li". Not sure if i'm the only one who notices it, but when I say "Saliva", the "li" sound seems longer and weirder than usual. >__<

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom