• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

OoT-N64 What is the Middle of Ocarina of Time?

Hey guys I was wondering what marks the middle of ocarina of time? the end of the fire temple? the biggoron sword trading sequence? the beginning of the fire temple? the water temple? what point in the game marks the middle? :)

This is an interesting question. I always looked at OoT and saw the middle of the game as when you pulled the master sword out of the pedestal and became an adult. Now this is not technically the middle, but I feel it definitely is the middle story wise. If you're looking for the exact middle where you have exactly the same amount of game behind you as you do in front of you (main story wise), I would say probably after the Ice Cavern. In between the Ice Cavern and Water Temple you have 6 dungeons completed and 6 dungeons to complete (mini-dungeons included).

Deku Tree - Dodongo's Cavern - Inside JabuJabu's Belly - Forest Temple - Fire Temple - Ice Cavern
----Middle----
Water Temple - Bottom of the Well - Shadow Temple - Gerudo Fortress -Spirit Temple - Ganon's Castle.

This is how I always saw the exact middle of the game.

Megidrus

Wolf of Time
but there are 10 dungeons so id say half way through the fire temple seeming it isthe fifth dungeon

Last edited:
Well I can't really decide because there are so many thing you do in the game and yeah it could be the fire temple but you can do a lot of stuff before that so I can't really say.

fused_shadows

Brave Knight of Truth
Deku Tree - Dodongo's Cavern - Inside JabuJabu's Belly - Forest Temple - Fire Temple - Ice Cavern
----Middle----
Water Temple - Bottom of the Well - Shadow Temple - Gerudo Fortress -Spirit Temple - Ganon's Castle.

This is how I always saw the exact middle of the game.

This theory makes the most sense to me. Right after the Ice Cavern and before the Water Temple

TwilightDeku

Sage of the Dark Forest
I would say the "in-game" middle is the part when you get the master sword. This is a major turning point in the game and it could be seen as the middle. For a "Dungeon-based" middle, I agree with gneithamer1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom