• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What is the Last Book You Read

sailormars109

Finding Love by the Moon
The last book I read and completed was "The Giver". It's about a society of people who are all set to do stuff as there lives go on. At certain ages you are given something new like at 8 I believe you are given a bicycle and such. Most importantly though at 12 you're given your job for the rest of your life and are considered an adult. Our main character is given the job of the Receiver of Memories, which is the MOST IMPORTANT JOB. It's basically a job where you get all the memories of the past given to you and you have to keep them. The society does not know about the past! They only know about a life of simplicity where everything is done the same every day. There world is colorless and lifeless. They just live, and have no control basically. The receiver of memories gets the memories of WAR and animals and MANY other things.. Only the Receiver can hear about these.. should other people hear about them the society would fall into chaos. The receiver can also see things others cannot such as color. The reason others can't see color is cause they don't have it in there memories. The Giver is the old receiver and is giving our main character the memories.

It's easily the best book I've ever read and I suggest you give it a try if you can get your hands on it!

I read that book when I was in 8th grade for my English class! I'm pretty sure I was one of the few that actually liked the book. There was also a play going on about the book at the time, so we got a special field trip for that.

The last book I read was Night World Vol. 1. I am so close to being done with the book. If you like forbidden love and mysterious happenings, this is the book for you.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
The City and the City by China Mieville

A good murder/mystery novel that makes the familiar very unfamiliar with a touch of scifi/fantasy. Slightly predictable though.

Last edited:
Finished reading Things Fall Apart earlier today.

It's an analysis of the effects of European imperialism on African society told in African form by a Nigerian native. Having mostly read white accounts of the travesties in Africa during that period, I found Things Fall Apart a very refreshing read. Tribal anecdotes are thrown in as well to preserve authenticity.

Be warned, however, that the title clearly indicates what lies inside. This book is one of depression, misery, and failure to revive a dying way of life.

Reached. It's the third in a futuristic dystopia trilogy. And it's good ;3 It's also got a love triangle, so.... yeha.

And a plague! And a strong focus on art! And a lot of other things I like! So I feel like it was built to keep my attention between all these things I have a fascination with in literature, good writing, shifting narrative... and a love triangle.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
I am reading Michael Crichton's Jurassic Park this week.

Less dinosaur roars and more Ian Malcom dribble than in the film :P But that's okay cuz every time he opens his mouth I LMAO.

bunny

birb overlord
Just finished "A House Rabbit Primer" by Lucile C. Moore. It was really insightful; I learned a lot.

I'm about to start in on "Raising Rabbits" by Bob Bennett and "The Field Guide to Rabbits" by Samantha Johnson. I'm not getting a bunny or anything, I swear... I just like reading about them. Is that weird? ;A;

Siniru

Zoldyck family assassin
Your Imagination... Is life real?! Am I real?!
200px-Wolf_brother.jpg

The first in the Chronicles of Ancient Darkness series. It is technically Warrior Cats but human.
My impression of Torak is a young-faced boy with short hair, the complete opposite as it says in the book....

octorok74

TETTAC
I am starting Rapture over. I read the first two chapters, but it has been a long while since I picked it up. So I am gonna restart it.

the last book I read was "Life, the Universe and Everything" from the Hitchhiker's uide to the Galaxy :)

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
I just read Attempts on Her Life by Martin Crimp. Technically, another play but this play is "post-dramatic" and is very interesting to read as it plays with all sorts of conventions that you won't ever find in a normal play. I can't tell what it's about because there is no real story within the play. (That's one of the conventions of being "Post-dramatic").

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom