• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What is the Last Book You Read

I'm a really picky reader. I love reading, but I have a hard time finding books that I enjoy. But sadly, the last book I read was one assigned for English class last year. We read it during the month of May. Me and Orson Welles by Robert Kaplow. Actually, it was a pretty good book. And the book impacted my favorite font as of right now. Haha, it was set in Goudy Old Style, and now that's my favorite font. =P

arkvoodle

Diabolical
I'm not sure if it counts as a book, per say, but it's more of a graphic novel. The most recent thing i've read is "The Walking Dead: Days gone by". It's an absolutely amazing little story. I picked it up last weekend and I read it yesterday. Now i'm going to have to go back and get the others in the series :P I would recommend that any fan of the TV series reads the graphic novels as well. It's a more intriguing experience reading it in the format that it was originally presented in.

Celeboy

Collecting Dust
Inheritance by Christopher Paolini. Awesome end to an awesome series! (The final book in the Inheritance saga. Eragon, Eldest, Brisingr, Inheritance)

N

Noop3451

The last book I read was the shahnameh (my favourite book) by the poet ferdowsi. The current book I'm reading is The Hobbit by J.R.R Tolkien.

Warbad

Gotta love me!
Hmmmm......let me think. I am not sure but I think it was Charlie Bone and the Time Twister. I like to get myself to read those books even though it is a way low level of reading for me.

Mine was Stronger: A Super Human Clash.
It looks stupid, but it's pretty good, and it's also a sad story (Just this book-the rest of the series is more upbeat).

The last book I read and completed was "The Giver". It's about a society of people who are all set to do stuff as there lives go on. At certain ages you are given something new like at 8 I believe you are given a bicycle and such. Most importantly though at 12 you're given your job for the rest of your life and are considered an adult. Our main character is given the job of the Receiver of Memories, which is the MOST IMPORTANT JOB. It's basically a job where you get all the memories of the past given to you and you have to keep them. The society does not know about the past! They only know about a life of simplicity where everything is done the same every day. There world is colorless and lifeless. They just live, and have no control basically. The receiver of memories gets the memories of WAR and animals and MANY other things.. Only the Receiver can hear about these.. should other people hear about them the society would fall into chaos. The receiver can also see things others cannot such as color. The reason others can't see color is cause they don't have it in there memories. The Giver is the old receiver and is giving our main character the memories.

It's easily the best book I've ever read and I suggest you give it a try if you can get your hands on it!

OMG, THE GIVER!!! One of THE BEST books EVER! I've NEVER met anyone else who read that book! You're the first!! =D I first read it WAY back in elementary school, and fell in love with it!! It was so amazingly written, and the whole story of how Jonas's life is turned upside down is so heart-felt. Truly a great book for ANYONE to read and appreciate the lifestyle we have now.

As to what the latest book I've read is, it's called Arthas: Rise of the Lich King. It's the story of a young boy named Arthas Menethil, crown prince to the kingdom of Lordaeron. One day, the refugees from a neighboring human kingdom called Stormwind arrive at the town of Southshore, after Stormwind is attacked and destroyed by marauding orcs. Arthas soon befriends the prince of the fallen kingdom, Varian Wrynn, and also meets a girl named Jaina Proudmore, princess of another human kingdom called Kul Tiras. After years of training, Arthas becomes a paladin, a warrior of the Holy Light, and joins the Knights of the Silver Hand.

Unfortunately, some time later, a plague begins to spread like wildfire through the kingdom of Lordaeron, and the victims quickly die, only to somehow come back as undead zombies. Arthas and Jaina, along with other heroes such as Anduin Lothar and Uther the Lightbringer, quickly investigate the awful events, and discover that the source of the undead plague comes from the town of Andorhal, through shipments of tainted grain. Arthas and Jaina quickly head to Andorhal, and discover the entire city is in ruins and many of the residents have become undead. A former wizard-turned-necromancer named Kel-Thuzad appears and claims the plague as his own creation and gloats about his deeds. Arthas then engages Kel'Thuzad in combat, and eventually kills him. However, Arthas and Jaina soon discover that another town within Lordaeron, Stratholme, had been sent some of the tainted grain.

Arthas sends Jaina to retrieve Uther the Lightbringer and his paladins of the Silver Hand , and rushes off himself to Stratholme, but arrives too late, as the citizens had already consumed the tainted grain. When Jaina arrives with Uther and his men, Arthas commands Uther to help him purge the city to prevent the plague from spreading further. Uther immediately refuses, saying he will not kill innocents, but Arthas says that everyone inside is already infected, and could spread the plague if left alive. Uther still refuses, and after a heated argument, Arthas uses his position of crown prince to formally relieve Uther of his post, and those of his men. He then rallies those who will serve him, and Uther, Jaina and those not willing to participate in the slaughter leave.

Arthas procedes to purge the entire city of Stratholme, killing every citizen and burning it to the ground. A demon named Mal'Ganis then appeared, taunting Arthas about how weak he was. Arthas then attempted to engage Mal'Ganis in combat, but Mal'Ganis easily overpowered him. He than said if Arthas wanted to beat him, he would have to travel to the arctic continent of Northrend. Arthas accepted the bait, and soon had a fleet of soldiers sail off to the frozen wasteland. When he arrived, he was greeted by Muradin Bronzebeard and his men who had already made camp there. Muradin then told Arthas about a powerful cursed Runeblade called Frostmourne. After a series of events, Arthas would claim the sword, but with a heavy price. The sword slowly began to corrupt Arthas, the being linked to it, the Lich King, filling his head with hatred, anger and bitterness. Arthas's road to damnation soon began, and his reign as the Lich King soon began.

This book is awesome, and I encourage anyone to read it, whether they know about World of Warcraft or not. It's written by Christie Golden.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom