• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What is the Last Book You Read

Squirrel

The Rodent King
The last book I read was The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring. I'm planning on reading on The Two Towers, The Return of the King, and The Hobbit now.

Fig

The Altruist
The last book I read was my instruction manual for my Nintendo 3DS! XD Just messing with you guys! The last book I read was "The War of the Worlds". That book is such a classic, you guys have to read it if you haven't already!

theoathtoorder

“Zinga-dingding!”
I've been reading the Bleach manga by Tite Kubo for fun. I also started reading The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho again. I love that book.

I don't read many books during the school year since I'm busy with work and I hope to reignite my recreational reading in just a few short weeks. :)

The last book I read in its entirety is The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger. The premise is rather simple-boy gets expelled from school, leaves campus grounds and tries to establish a dream life for himself with a girl he lives, and ultimately returns home to repent for his past wrongdoings and try to lead a better life. I found a lot to relate to in the protagonist, Holden Caulfield, for he faces many of the same problems teenagers are confronted with today. The book also contains what is now my third favorite book quote-after two from The Old Man and the Sea by Ernest Hemingway and Di.ckens's (added period to prevent censoring) A Tale of Two Cities, respectively-"Don't ever tell anybody anything. If you do, you start missing everybody".

As of yesterday I began reading The Things They Carried by Tim O'Brien. Seeing as how I've barely read any of the book, I can't come to a solid opinion just yet but the plot is solid thus far and war novels have always interested me. I think it's particularly important to understand the physical, moral, and above all psychological hardships men felt going to fight in a far off land they had little knowledge of and from which they would ultimately be forced to retreat in humiliation-Vietnam.

I'm currently reading The Hobbit, but the last book I read was The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. It was super sad :\ but good

selicyc

i never knew daylight could be so violent.
a mystery inside of an enigma wrapped in a soft fuzzy blanket of I don't even know what
I just finished reading The Handmaid's Tale for a second time, trying to figure out just what the heck happened to Offred at the end. It's a great book, but the ending is just so vague and sudden that I don't know what to make of it.

Slowly working my way through A Game of Thrones now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom