• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What is the Copy Rod?

What do you think? Was the Copy Rod created by Occo or the Sheikah? Or is the copy rod just another

• Sheikah creation.

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Occo creation

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Another name for the Dominion Rod

Votes: 12 85.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yeah but the Hylian Language from TP is based of the English language so this is defiantly no a translation error.
Yes, which means the walls still read as Copy Rod in the Japanese Version. The changes from English > Hylian remained consistent because it was super easy to translate. However, Japanese > English could have easily caused a translation error.

Also, just to back this up a little more, I looked up the other translations, and the German version translates to Copy Rod as well, with the Italian version being Scepter of Copying.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Yeah but the Hylian Language from TP is based of the English language so this is defiantly no a translation error.
Except... according to the Japanese translation, the Dominion Rod is literally the Copy Rod. So what are you talking about? I mean I'm all for theorizing about things like this, but theories require evidence to back them up, and in this case, the evidence overwhelmingly favours the opposite of what you're saying.

@Tezzayay13 don't make a thread if you are going to find people discussing things "tiring." Seems to me you just want to rack up your post count.
Again, NOT what I'm saying. I'm saying that it's getting a bit annoying going back and forth with you because we're saying the same damn things over and over. And I don't care if you're an admin but you don't get to say what my true intentions are. I'm seriously trying to explain myself and I'm feeling like you're getting a bit hostile so lay off.

If the quote on the wall had given the rod a more colourful, phantastic name, I would be all for it, but "copy rod" sounds likes like a generic, unimaginative translation.

Except... according to the Japanese translation, the Dominion Rod is literally the Copy Rod. So what are you talking about? I mean I'm all for theorizing about things like this, but theories require evidence to back them up, and in this case, the evidence overwhelmingly favours the opposite of what you're saying.
Are you accusing me of not giving enough evidence. Did you even read the entire thing? Dominion and Copy don't even have the same definition translation error or not. It's not like the Japanese don't have a word for dominion, in fact the Japanese word for dominion is Shihai. And including the word rod it would be Shihai Bo

If the quote on the wall had given the rod a more colourful, phantastic name, I would be all for it, but "copy rod" sounds likes like a generic, unimaginative translation.
This whole theory is about how the Copy Rod is a different thing. And what about ball and chain that's about as unimaginative as you can get. And I did write the stuff on the wall so don't complain about it to me

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Are you accusing me of not giving enough evidence. Did you even read the entire thing? Dominion and Copy don't even have the same definition translation error or not. It's not like the Japanese don't have a word for dominion, in fact the Japanese word for dominion is Shihai. And including the word rod it would be Shihai Bo
No. You have evidence. It's just that your evidence doesn't back up your claims, and that's the issue. Ironically, your evidence supports the opposing side more than yours.

Anyway, the Copy Rod is the Dominion Rod. There's nothing to be theorized about that, it's what it is. You're arguing a point that makes no sense with flawed evidence that proves otherwise.

VitaTempusN92

Hero of Time! The True Zelda Genius!
I'm talking about the HD version. Also I using credible sources to translate the righting and the quality of the picture is terrible so you might have gotten it wrong. I know what I'm talking about.

I've actually played the HD version and translated it personally, using the in-game letter stamps. While you were just using "credible" third-party sources that are clearly wrong. Sorry buddy but Bail Rod IS the CORRECT translation! The game itself isn't wrong!

This whole theory is about how the Copy Rod is a different thing. And what about ball and chain that's about as unimaginative as you can get. And I did write the stuff on the wall so don't complain about it to me

Ok, I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt here: does "copy rod" show up anywhere else, like an interview or unused item or something similar?

VitaTempusN92

Hero of Time! The True Zelda Genius!
Where did Bail Rod come from? Weren't we talking about Dominion Rod

Bail Rod is a translated name for the Dominion Rod from Hylian scripture on a couple or more of the walls in the Temple of Time in the past.

Yeah well, it seems like VitaTempus92 got the translation wrong.

I did NOT get it wrong! I remember translating it using the letter stamps IN the GAME! It translated as BAIL ROD!

I don't know where you're getting "Copy Rod" from that Hylian text, unless you're playing a different version of TP where it does translate to Copy Rod or another Mandela Effect happened again. But I KNOW it translated as Bail Rod to me!

The Japanese name for the Dominion Rod is コピーロッド, which translates to Copy Rod (Kopī Roddo). Dominion Rod = Copy Rod.

This is exactly why I hate the Japanese canon sometimes. Stupid names like "Copy Rod" which don't make any sense at all! Especially when the rod itself does anything but actually copying things!

Hence, why, it comes to Zelda, the English has always been the definitive version to me. Cause it actually makes all the more sense!

Bail Rod is a translated name for the Dominion Rod from Hylian scripture on a couple or more of the walls in the Temple of Time in the past.

I did NOT get it wrong! I remember translating it using the letter stamps IN the GAME! It translated as BAIL ROD!

I don't know where you're getting "Copy Rod" from that Hylian text, unless you're playing a different version of TP where it does translate to Copy Rod or another Mandela Effect happened again. But I KNOW it translated as Bail Rod to me!

This is exactly why I hate the Japanese canon sometimes. Stupid names like "Copy Rod" which don't make any sense at all! Especially when the rod itself does anything but actually copying things!

Hence, why, it comes to Zelda, the English has always been the definitive version to me. Cause it actually makes all the more sense!
Well I don't know what the hell happened but I got Copy Rod. I literally have translated over this a million times using every source including the stamps.

Hence, why, it comes to Zelda, the English has always been the definitive version to me. Cause it actually makes all the more sense![/QUOTE] That we can agree on

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not going to discredit Vita's claim about it saying "Bail Rod" however, the screenshot provided in the OP definitely says "Copy Rod." Since the image is broken, here:

c59d463201.jpg

This is what Tezzayay linked.

But why I'm not going to challenge the bail rod thing is because Nintendo has replaced all the textures in the HD remake with HD textures. It is entirely possible the changed the Hylian text on this particular texture from the original version. Why I say this is that I know for certain that this has been done in the Wind Waker HD. I'm gonna make this very short and sweet to prevent a tangent--please do not continue to discuss Ganondorf's swords since this thread is about the Copy/Bail Rod, but yes, the text on his swords is different in the Wind Waker HD than it was in the original GCN version.

Here is the model of his sword from the original game:

Ganon%27s_Sword_TWW.png

The vertical text translates to ほんもの meaning "genuine" this is common knowledge.

A screenshot I took of his swords in the HD version:

99eae85452.jpg

The horizontal text translates to "コタケコウメ" which spells "Kotake Koume"

It is entirely possible they changed the text in the remake. Please don't argue over that unless @VitaTempusN92 would like to take a screenshot from the original for us so we can put this to rest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom