• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What is the CaslteTown Citizens' Reaction to the Political Movements in TP?

PapilioTempesta

Tots Som Pops
That's me again, asking the unaskable. ^^

Let's give it a thought: when Zant and the twilis invaded Hyrule and covered it with twilight, the citizens never actually noticed it; they were worried about the drought and maybe about there being some more monsters than usual outside the city walls, but they had no idea that their land had been invaded and their government destroyed and imprisoned (I'm assuming here that princess Zelda had some ministers or something that surely had to be aware of the shadows coming, and as they aren't seen any more I suppose they were killed with the guards. Only Zelda was important.)

So far, we have an invasion and none of the citizens noticing. Which means they don't notice either that the shadows are defeated and almost everything goes back to normal. OK, there is the "Resistance," but as far as i know, they are looking for a very vague and indefinite "evil" which none of them can identify clearly and they are all looking for it in different places, so they don't really know what they are resisting against, they only suspect there is something going on.

I don't remember if any of them actually sees or comments about the Royal Castle being sealed -I suppose they should, it looks pretty much like the twilight Link sees at the beginning of the game. We do know that the Resistance enters the palace to help Link fight some monsters, but still I believe they have no idea of what's really going on; they only see the place packed with monsters and start killing them.

OK. so, the question is; from the point of view of the average citizen, one day the palace is covered by a strange orange wall that no one knows where has come from, then some time later (say, a week) it breaks for no reason and suddenly all the palace collapses and is reduced to a bunch of ruins What should be their reaction? For them, how does all this makes any sense?

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Zelda logic ehh

Anyway we did get to see the characters reactions when Lanayru got engulfed within perpetual Twilight, I just see it as;when the Light was lifted life slowly returned to the community of the Castle Town. Since the NPC's stayed the same once the light was restored their actions didn't differ from then on, in a way it doesn't make sense. I have addressed this before on how even the average NPC noticing change with the world not just through speech but through emotion and general actions.

However I doubt the NPC's know what truly is going, we only got to know the true presence of evil at the end of the game, I guess they just thought it was a one off attack that happend during the initial invasion. Once the light was restored life returned to normal, the only thing that changed into hat location was the sealing of Hyrule. I'm not sure if I remember anyone making reference to the sealing but I'll edit it in if I find it.

Last edited:

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
Well we never see them react after HC is destroyed, so I'll ignore that.

Tho orange wall was probably so strange and extranormal that their brains wouldn't even process it.

Lower classes in medieval times (What LoZ setting is loosely based on), probably never paid attention to political affairs much. Most of their lives had no bearing on what king ruled the land, their status remained unchanged usually. My guess is they simply didn't know or had limited knowledge, though you'd think they would at least notice the castle seal and talk about it. Maybe bizarre things in Hyrule are just that common place, who knows.

PapilioTempesta

Tots Som Pops
Maybe bizarre things in Hyrule are just that common place, who knows.

I like the sound of that. True, our logic doesn't really apply to a world filled with magic, spirits and monsters like Hyrule. And after seeing that there is plenty of half destroyed buildings scattered all around the territory, maybe it is common that hauses fall apart from one day to the other -I'm thinking here on either magic or earthquakes, maybe to the common people there is no difference...

HylianHero

Gardener of Elysium
Well, they probably had no idea what had happened when Princess Zelda was overthrown, since they turned into spirits and continued what they thought was their every-day life. I'd imagine for everything else they just freak out. On the inside.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom