• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Link's Awakening Switch What is the biggest flaw of Link's Awakening?

Shroom

The Artist Formally Known as Deku Shroom™
I like the art style a lot, and just have a fondness for toy box aesthetics.

Biggest waste was the dungeon creator and the major lack in online features with it. Coulda been something cool, but it just wasn't. The choice to make it based on the amiibo was such a blunder.

Storm_Echo

Gamer of Videos
You can't open the map during screen transitions to warp to the opposite side and sequence break the entire game!

3/10 terrible game

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
Probably the lack of replayability. Despite the aesthetic similarity to ALTTP's map, it isn't possible to deviate or explore in any meaningful way. Everything is tossed at you in a nice specific order and it just doesn't. I just can't be bothered to play through the game a second time.

Mases

Lord of the Flies
Administrator
Site Staff
Now that it is 6-months removed from release...

The dungeon maker for sure. Very underwhelming.

However, I would say that overall, maybe it played it to safe, with there not being enough differences from the GBC version. It's a beautiful game, great music, great gameplay, and the same awesome story as before... but it's just missing something. I think the 2019 version lost some of the charm that made the original so special. I can't point my finger at it, but something is missing.

Thinking back on this, I feel like they should have added more content besides the dungeon maker or added more to dungeon maker. A big missed opportunity

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
The price. If Nintendo was just going to redo the graphics and add so little of meaningful extra content, then it was definitely not worth the full $60.

Other than that, I would say that the art style is something that I'm not terribly fond of. I would have rather had the entire game be anime-styled like the opening and ending scenes were.

Tbh, the whole game seems pretty unpolished and unfinished. No extra content, bad performance, and a questionable art style are all issues that I have with the game, even if I still loved playing and finishing it.

They really missed an opportunity to remake Link's Awakening in the N64 style. I know people generally don't think N64 graphics look good, or would even prefer them in 2020, but I've always wanted to see Links Awakening in OOT N64 Style.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom