• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Link's Awakening Switch What is the biggest flaw of Link's Awakening?

The obvious one is the frame rate issues even though it didn't really bother me. I thought they could have added two more new quick travel spots. One in Mabe Village near Marin and Tarins house and one in the Mysterious Forest near Mr. Writes house. No D-pad use. They could have made the characters move in 3D motion. Also I think they could have mapped more items to buttons for example the Roc's feather could have been mapped to the X button like in BOTW. Also I don't really like in future 100% playthroughs you have to play through the first 3 chambers dungeon set challenges just to get 100%. I also thought they could have added more cut scenes from the DX version. Overall I really enjoyed this remake and I think it's arguably the Zelda game that needed a remake the most. Link's Awakening has always held a special in my heart. It's the first Zelda game I ever beat. At one point as a kid it was my favorite Zelda game. I think it's the best Zelda remake Nintendo has done so far.

Is it just me or did the swamp area lag like crazy? Should be called the swamp of lag.

Overall it was a good remake, cool experience, and the buttons/controls are way improved. But I still feel like it was pointless to remake it in the first place. Don't get me wrong though, I liked it. But I would have preferred a brand new zelda game as opposed to a remake.

Honestly, I think its biggest flaw is its age. It's a very faithful remake.... perhaps a little too faithful.

This basically sums up my thoughts, it's loyal to a fault.

Though for me it's less about the aged mechanics and more it's lack in ambition. It doesn't try to bring anything really new to the table outside of the custom dungeon. I was hoping for things like new items, new dungeons, more side-quests, new boss fights, make the final dungeon more then just that Lost Woods style maze,, maybe even an alternative ending that takes the plot in a different direction.

It's a fine remake, it just needed more... remake in it.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
But with the Remake going for a plastic and toy-like artstyle, I feel as if the core surrealism of the original has been replaced by physical objectivity, the Remake looks and feels more like a collection of McDonald's Happy Meal toys that little Timmy was collecting and that there's no deeper reason than that for why Goombas and Yoshi etc are in the game.

It just rendered the experience a little hollow for me.
Now you can understand why the toon style can never appeal to me.

Hmmm, my biggest issue was def with the bosses within the games dungeons. The over world enemies were fine and actually quite vast in variety. The bosses tho, they were just so... out of place? Like, none of them seemed fit to be in a zelda game. Maybe bc they're technically "nightmares" and not actually real? Idk to me they just seemed really out of place

How do you mean out of place?
Well, to me, none of them really pose much of a threat and the over all design of the bosses themselves is out of touch with the rest of the series. I mean, one of the bosses is a clown lol. The angler fish couldve been an amazing boss but, again, it was a push over. idk. Maybe its just me *shrug

Dont get me wrong I LOVE the game. Just not the bosses :)

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Hmmm, my biggest issue was def with the bosses within the games dungeons. The over world enemies were fine and actually quite vast in variety. The bosses tho, they were just so... out of place? Like, none of them seemed fit to be in a zelda game. Maybe bc they're technically "nightmares" and not actually real? Idk to me they just seemed really out of place
Well, to me, none of them really pose much of a threat and the over all design of the bosses themselves is out of touch with the rest of the series. I mean, one of the bosses is a clown lol. The angler fish couldve been an amazing boss but, again, it was a push over. idk. Maybe its just me *shrug

Dont get me wrong I LOVE the game. Just not the bosses :)

That was their whole thing though, they WERE out of place, they came from outside of the Wind Fish's Dream and sought to rule there, trying to fit in forced them into appropriate shapes but even then being nightmarish beings they twist n distort the image the sought for.

Also this is the series that has an addiction to eye targets in boss' such as molderach or even Eye with a body Bongo Bongo.

That was their whole thing though, they WERE out of place, they came from outside of the Wind Fish's Dream and sought to rule there, trying to fit in forced them into appropriate shapes but even then being nightmarish beings they twist n distort the image the sought for.

Also this is the series that has an addiction to eye targets in boss' such as molderach or even Eye with a body Bongo Bongo.
Yeah, tru tru. Zelda has never really been known for its "difficulty". Although, i take the eye gimmic as kind of like an inside joke from nintendo ayt this point! :') & Yeah, the bosses do fit the overall theme of the game. I just felt like they could have been a bit more creative with their boss designs. But, considering, they still did a damn good job on this game. Not a favorite but I still own a copy for the switch, it deserves a spot in my collection

Mases

Lord of the Flies
Administrator
Site Staff
The biggest flaw (for the Switch version)... is just not enough new content. A good revamped trip down memory lane, but not enough new stuff.

Minor flaw... I don't like the Pegasus Boots. Much prefer how they controlled in A Link Between Worlds.

The biggest flaw (for the Switch version)... is just not enough new content. A good revamped trip down memory lane, but not enough new stuff.

I would agree with Mases here that the BIGGEST flaw had to be that nothing significant was added to warrant this remake being a full-priced console release. I am glad that they left the original game untouched in most ways, but am peeved by the fact that there were no added dungeons or other areas to explore outside of the base game. They could have maybe had a separate island to explore with a few extra dungeons or even throw some hidden dungeons to be found like they did with the color dungeon on the DX release and it wouldn't have taken anything away from the original game at all. I would have gladly taken more of these things than the super underwhelming Chamber Dungeon that we got.

Haven't played the remake, and that itself would fix the biggest issue of the original(lack of buttons for item mapping). Other annoyances like the button prompts probably also fixed. For me it's otherwise a pretty flawless game, no real weak area.

I think just watching footage of the remake the new art style might mess with my personal vibes of the game, but that might be my nostalgia talking. They might well have pulled it off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom