• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What is the biggest flaw of Link's Awakening?

The obvious one is the frame rate issues even though it didn't really bother me. I thought they could have added two more new quick travel spots. One in Mabe Village near Marin and Tarins house and one in the Mysterious Forest near Mr. Writes house. No D-pad use. They could have made the characters move in 3D motion. Also I think they could have mapped more items to buttons for example the Roc's feather could have been mapped to the X button like in BOTW. Also I don't really like in future 100% playthroughs you have to play through the first 3 chambers dungeon set challenges just to get 100%. I also thought they could have added more cut scenes from the DX version. Overall I really enjoyed this remake and I think it's arguably the Zelda game that needed a remake the most. Link's Awakening has always held a special in my heart. It's the first Zelda game I ever beat. At one point as a kid it was my favorite Zelda game. I think it's the best Zelda remake Nintendo has done so far.

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
They coulda put reminders about in between stuff like the baby for example!!

Is it just me or did the swamp area lag like crazy? Should be called the swamp of lag.

Overall it was a good remake, cool experience, and the buttons/controls are way improved. But I still feel like it was pointless to remake it in the first place. Don't get me wrong though, I liked it. But I would have preferred a brand new zelda game as opposed to a remake.

Honestly, I think its biggest flaw is its age. It's a very faithful remake.... perhaps a little too faithful.
This basically sums up my thoughts, it's loyal to a fault.

Though for me it's less about the aged mechanics and more it's lack in ambition. It doesn't try to bring anything really new to the table outside of the custom dungeon. I was hoping for things like new items, new dungeons, more side-quests, new boss fights, make the final dungeon more then just that Lost Woods style maze,, maybe even an alternative ending that takes the plot in a different direction.

It's a fine remake, it just needed more... remake in it.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
But with the Remake going for a plastic and toy-like artstyle, I feel as if the core surrealism of the original has been replaced by physical objectivity, the Remake looks and feels more like a collection of McDonald's Happy Meal toys that little Timmy was collecting and that there's no deeper reason than that for why Goombas and Yoshi etc are in the game.

It just rendered the experience a little hollow for me.
Now you can understand why the toon style can never appeal to me.

Namira

Swag Master General
I think it's biggest flaw is that it's a $60 game. The remake is too faithful and not much was added to justify it being a full priced game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom