• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda What is the Best Zelda Game to Start With?

What do you guys think the best game to start with is? I think it would be Spirit tracks because the game isn't to hard to beat, and plus it could get you into zelda. you cold start with Ocarina of time to if your a pretty good gamer and think Sp would be to easy.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I actually don't think OoT is the perfect game to start with...

A lot of new gamers to the series may be put off with how old the game is! Even though I love OoT some of the control's could put a lot of new gamers off and with all the focus on graphical capability in this modern era of gaming, a game like OoT may be seen to poor from a visual quality especially to a new gamer to the series.

I would suggest one of the newer 3D installment's either TWW, TP or SS even though Skyward Sword isn't for me I think it would be a good game to start from especially since it's the first game chronologically in the series, I also think that due to the graphical style new fans will get the charm of the game pretty much straight away! But I also would recommend Twilight Princess and the Wind Waker as I think these capture what Zelda games are about! Story, amazing graphics, adventure, epic soundtrack and great gameplay :)

ThePurpleKnight

ThePurpleKnightmare
OoT is the one I started with so I would say that, and in order to understand Majoras Mask and Wind Waker fully, which are my two favorite zelda games, you would need to play OoT.

DarkLink7

I make my own fate!
To be honest, TP was my first, and I loved it. The graphics were phenomenal, the music fantastic, and the story was amazing. Everything made it so real. Plus, moving from TP to SS was easy, but moving back from SS to TP was hard. :sweat: But WW was fun too. I haven't played either in a while..... (6 total files in TP, only beat it once) But they are still a blast

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
The best Zelda game to start with in this day and age ironically might just be Skyward Sword. This depends on a number things, primarily whether or not Nintendo will continue with their casual difficulty and casual playstyle. I've heard many quips from fans that SS was the future of Zelda, and fight as I might, Nintendo might think so as well. I recommend everyone start with SS and get accustomed to it; Zelda won't change outside of too many borders if SS indeed is the future of Zelda.

Putting baseless rumors aside, I believe people should start the series with Ocarina of Time 3D because, although it's an old game, it still is the pinnacle of Zelda and the difficulty is actually pretty similar to the likes of modern Zelda. Fun stuff all around.

I think a new player should start with Link to the Past and then play Ocarina of Time. Starting with LttP because it's sometimes easier to understand puzzles in a 2d space and then going to OoT to see how puzzles work in 3d.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
OoT or TP. They represent Zelda the best and a gamer could gather what to expect from the series by playing these games. OoT is more of a classic, but some might be turned off by its age, so I put TP down there as well.

A new player today should start with either TP or SS. They aren't considered the best Zelda games, that would be Alttp, OoT, and MM, but those three are too outdated to be enjoyed by a first-timer now. I wouldn't recommend a 2D game because I've always felt like the 3D games are the "real" Zelda experience, plus, PH and ST are considered among the worst Zelda games.

Mrflamexd3

Wind Waker!
Whatever the newest console game at the time is (which is right now Skyward Sword), and if they like it then the newest handheld game at the time (which is now Ocarina of Time 3D). From there they could do as they please.

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
OoT. It's fun, not too hard, and available on many consoles. It's the best game, and a perfect place for anyone to start. I know a guy who plays it on the 3ds, and he has almost as good a time as when I first played it back on the 64. It's a timeless classic which hasn't aged a day, and everyone should enjoy it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom