• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What is the Best Aspects of Shoutbox for You !

Can you live without shoutbox

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• I don't know !

• Total voters

Dan

So we all had the Shoutbox taken away from us. (I wasn't there)
So now let us embrace the big question. Could you live without Shoutbox.

What do you like about the famous ZD Shoutbox.
I Love using Shoutbox because of it's amazing people. I also enjoy sharing my location , credit card details, and my date of birth :)

So the real question... what do you love about shoutbox ?

I first joined the forums shortly after the former Shoutbox was disbanded. This prompted me to converse more often via Visitor Message and express my feeling through blogging. The forum then had an IRC chat however I found that largely unappealing (the only feature it boasted over the current SB is the ability to private message). All that being said, I missed the Shoutbox when it was taken down. A large social aspect of the site appeared to be missing. There have been numerous hilarious discussions in there and I wouldn't have it any over way. JuicieJ's ardent defense of motion controls and Skyward Sword as well as awaiting Drum to gain access to the SB are among the most memorable forum moments I have ever experienced.

Dan

In all seriousness, the SB is a source of entertainment for my mild insomnia I have. This time of night, its good to not be bored out of my mind with tv.

EDIT: and...the SB disappeared for me again... Good Night folks.

Same :>
The shoutbox is more busted than my cows mouth.

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
I've only used the shoutbox once or twice. The conversations I read on there are so crazy, I don't even know how to join in. ^^ I liked using it to talk to people I knew well, though. Otherwise, I'll just stick with VMs, haha.

So, the shoutbox is being taken away? Is that what I'm understanding? Or it's just disappearing?

I joined here not knowing there was a shoutbox and when it opened up after my 100th post ZD became my home on the net, it was the first tab i opened and the one that stayed open all day everyday.

Not knowing the shout box was there made me feel a kin ship with the people in the shout box because my thoughts were if they didn't know about it and posted 100times then theyre dedicated to zelda and at the time that is what i wanted to talk about, but upon living in the chat box for a week or so i met some awesome people and then this site became more than just a Zelda fan site to me it became a social place where i felt comfortable and welcomed. I've made some really awesome friends and i think the shoutbox was the main cause of it. =]

I don't know what i'm going to do here without it, and i'm gona miss rapidly speaking with the likes of ALIT, Atticus, Vanessa, Nicole, Azure, Nareky, Bluereptile, thareous and Dan. lets hope they dont mind some inbox messages =]

Last edited:

ENA-three!

the man from mars
i liked the shoutbox because i can chat with whoevers online and get to know them better than just reading thier opinions on things. hope the shoutbox isnt gone for good.

Dan

i liked the shoutbox because i can chat with whoevers online and get to know them better than just reading thier opinions on things. hope the shoutbox isnt gone for good.

Well then, when it comes back make sure to hit the user Dan up ;)

ENA-three!

the man from mars
will do, so whats the reason for it coming down? back in the days when i was a member on loz they used to take it down alot because they said no one was making any posts and just staying on the shoutbox.

I've actually had the Shoutbox disabled for awhile. It usually doesn't load properly for me and I'm only popping on the site in short bursts anyhow. So yes I can & do live without it, but I wouldn't want it permanently removed for those that do utilize it.

one thing i've realised with the SB being down today is that i've come to be far too dependent on using it to follow threads that are replied to since it gets the notification, without te SB i'm finding it a lot more difficult to find threads that have since been replied to

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
It's not just the fact that I use the Shoutbox for chatting with just about everyone, but I also use it to catch new threads and posts. The Shoutbox is 10 times more convenient than using the Visitor Messaging system. Without the Shoutbox I just............... I curl up in a corner and cry my eyes out because the Shoutbox is my baby. AHEM, the Shoutbox is amazing, and I hope it returns as soon as possible. For the time being we should continue making disposable chats, or stick to visitor messaging. I also think we should cool it on the blog posts about the SB unless providing a disposable chat link. Just saying. They were everywhere last night. xD

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
I first joined the forums shortly after the former Shoutbox was disbanded. This prompted me to converse more often via Visitor Message and express my feeling through blogging. The forum then had an IRC chat however I found that largely unappealing (the only feature it boasted over the current SB is the ability to private message). All that being said, I missed the Shoutbox when it was taken down. A large social aspect of the site appeared to be missing. There have been numerous hilarious discussions in there and I wouldn't have it any over way. JuicieJ's ardent defense of motion controls and Skyward Sword as well as awaiting Drum to gain access to the SB are among the most memorable forum moments I have ever experienced.

Don't forget Monti Thunder :D

Overall though, I like it cause it gives me something to do when video games aren't interesting, and I'm busy listening to music. Or when it's late at night and I feel like talking. Overall I enjoy the SB because VMing everyone, while good, isn't nearly as fast. Please come back SB, I miss you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom