• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hyrule Warriors What is the Baby Guardian's Role?

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
In today's Age of Calamity presentation during the Tokyo Game Show we saw gameplay footage with many highlights. But perhaps a lesser talked about subject is the Baby Guardian's appearence, what it's role could be, and what may have happen to it.

In the footage, it activates and accompanies Link on the battlefield, do you think it might function as a companion, sort of like the fairies in Hyrule Warriors? Do you think the Baby Guardian's fate will be tragic, maybe ending with it's death or corruption via the Calamity?

I think Eggbert might be used in combat and be able to be upgraded with maybe different beams or help with puzzles or obstacles.

He seems to have a story focus since he activated when he was near the Slate and the tower popped up near him too.

We'll find out soon, but I'm thinking he'll be a companion character for the most part to help with terrain and maybe combat.

He'll probably have a tragic end since he is nowhere in BotW and it'll make Link look like a prick for not remembering him if he turns out to be best boi.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I am 100% certain he is the reason the tower popped up and the sheikah slate can suddenly use runes. I feel like he's acting as the power source for the slate, connecting with it via that lil radar in his head that makes him look like R2D2. I think his role will be allowing the characters to understand the sheikah tech better and how to use it.

of course that completely conflicts with the story of the past that botw tells but whatever lol it'll still be cool

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom