• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What is Something About Yourself That You Find Suprising or Out of the Ordinary?

Blue Canary

Your Friendly Neighborhood S***poster
I am a 12-year-old girl who's favorite YouTube show is GameGrumps. It seems like something I wouldn't like but hey.

Fig

The Altruist
One thing about myself that I do notice myself that is out of the ordinary is anything having to do with intercourse or concepts that relate about sex. I know the basics such as reproductive organs and diseases but I don't know any "sex talk". I do find it irritating that people think I'm lying for not knowing stuff that they know. Just because you are a certain age doesn't mean that everyone within your age group understands or knows what you know. I know some of my college friends who are graduating this year who saw me do my Calculus homework earlier this year and he stated that he still didn't know how to properly integrate polynomials (which is completely fine because everyone has there own learning pace, it just takes time). Going back to what I previously stated, you could talk about practically anything within that field of discussion and chances are that 99% of the time I will be clueless or confused to what's going on. I know I'm going to understand eventually (or not) but apparently a lot of my friends enjoy themselves seeing be so clueless when it comes to these matters. I don't mind because I rather keep my train of thought and be focused in my subjects or things that I have in my mind then always thinking of dirty stuff in everything that I see.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
I think something about me that surprises me the most is that I actually like soft music. I listen to Pop and Hip Hop, and the genre I am familiar with the most is Alternative Rock. This wouldn't be so surprising to some people, but the genre I listen to the most is metal. Even recently I've gotten into a lot of Extreme Metal bands, so the fact that I do like soft music throws people off. xD

Salem

SICK
How would I know if that thing is surprising? Wouldn't I think that thing to be normal or ordinary? Liking something weird for a 20-something for example like say a cartoon for children might be out of the ordinary but so many people like Adventure time and My little Pony so it stops being out of the ordinary.

I dunno, sorry for rambling.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
One thing about myself that legitimately surprises me is my ability to quickly pick up on physical activities. After just 30 minutes of riding a bike for the first time back in 4th grade, I was able to ride sitting down, standing up, sitting without holding the handlebars, etc. After only a couple days, I was able to beat my experienced friend in a race. When I went longboarding for the first time a couple weeks ago, I stayed out for 2 hours because I was thoroughly enjoying myself, and I managed to be able to go fast and straight without losing balance. And, the first time I went skiing, also in 4th grade, I made the quickest progress out of my group.

If I saw myself for the first time, given my physique, I would not think that I was the type of person who likes to go out and be active and could learn to do fairly hardcore physical activities in such a short time. It is something about myself that I actually do find surprising.

pkfroce

Skelepuns
I'm surprised that I seem to be able to make friends pretty easily because I think of myself as rather shy and introverted and fat and ugly.

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
For me I hate maths and was terrible at it at school yet at work when I work out someones change like off the top of my head and get it right I'm always surprised I can do it. WHERE WAS THIS ABILITY WHEN I NEEDED IT TO PASS EXAMS???

Sheik

:the:
Something I've learned about myself through my school recess experiences is that I'm actually pretty good at (American) football. Well, I'm not great at it, but I'm not bad either. I have a good catch and can run surprisingly well. I'm just surprised because I used to think I gloriously sucked at football. And I'm an unathletic super nerd.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
I'm not entirely sure... Hmm.

Probably my love of football? I hate sports, find them boring to watch and tiring to play, if I need excersize I'll go to the gym/star jump on the spot for a few hours, but I bloody blinkin' bloomin' love a bit o' footy! People (guys) usually don't expect me to join in discussions on how much of a bell our manager is. :P So I guess that's surprising about myself!

Violet Link

takumi was a mistake and so are the S supports
I'm a 12 year old girl, and what I found really odd about myself is that I'm really into horror, mystery, thriller and especially gore. I don't know, I just find spooky stuff really cool.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
I'm a 12 year old girl, and what I found really odd about myself is that I'm really into horror, mystery, thriller and especially gore. I don't know, I just find spooky stuff really cool.
I see. Interesting. XD No wonder you liked my gory stories. But anyway, in my opinion, that's pretty normal--perhaps weird as well. I remember being that age and also interested in spooky stuff. I used to ask my mother to tell me horror tales at night before bed. Then, after hearing them, I would be trembling in bed. :lol:

Blue Canary

Your Friendly Neighborhood S***poster

Exactly the same, word for word, for me.

How would I know if that thing is surprising? Wouldn't I think that thing to be normal or ordinary? Liking something weird for a 20-something for example like say a cartoon for children might be out of the ordinary but so many people like Adventure time and My little Pony so it stops being out of the ordinary.

I dunno, sorry for rambling.

I just mean something you find surprising about yourself. Even if its a perfectly normal thing for people to like or do, you just wouldn't personally expect yourself to like or do that said thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom