• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What is Most Important to You in a Video Game

story with awesome characters and game play, graphics help but am not that fussed...jeez i still play runescape on occasion :P

The number one most important factor to me is FUN.
e.g., people sometimes criticize the wii for not having graphics as other consoles. But if the wii has new super mario bros or mario kart, and other consoles don't, then to me, the wii wins because I find these games to be the most fun.

Second comes gameplay, but I guess this is covered by fun...?
Then it's the visuals. This does not mean graphics. It doesn't have to look flawless and realistic. It just has to look nice. Nice colours, cute characters etc.
Fourth is replay value. Whilst this isn't essential in every game, being able to play the game for a long time certainly is appealing. It's why I love animal crossing.

Gameplay & Story for me. I can live without great graphics or sound design etc if the game has both of those things done well.

MiniMouseofPyru

The Notorious M.O.P.
To me, everything is important. When there's something missing in a video game, it could ruin it all. That's why I try to focus on everything.

Basically if I enjoy playing it. There have been games that people absolutely love that i just didn't have much fun with, so above all things I have to like it

theoathtoorder

“Zinga-dingding!”
mine is the storyline, music, and of course gameplay. people with a good imagination don't see the need for the better graphics argument.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
mine is the storyline, music, and of course gameplay. people with a good imagination don't see the need for the better graphics argument.

Video games, in terms of what they look like, have very little to do with imagination. It's pretty much there for you to look at. There isn't anything to imagine, it's not like with books where all you have is a description. Graphics are as important as anything else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom