• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What is Lorule's Hystoria?

jameswillis

The Ultimate Nerd.
We all know the history of Hyrule, the timeline, characters, and story's, but if there's an alternate
universe that's parallel to Hyrule, what's it's history? WARNING:Spoilers and unconfirmed theory's are used in this article.
images
Lets start with the timeline. We know of two events that take place in Lorule, the Lorulian civil war and a link between worlds, but that's about it. This is were the the theory's take place. One theory is that Lorule and Termina may very well be the same place. Some evidence to back this theory up is, in Ravio's house, we see the Majora's mask. That may not be much, but, in the thief village of Lorule, we see villagers wearing masks, much like the ones from granny's story in Majora's mask. You also may think, what about the fierce deity mask? Well my theory on that is the fierce deity is an incarnation of Ravio went evil and went after the triforce, then was sealed in a mask. Also, A villager in the sanctuary in Lorule asks, "Have we abandoned the gods, or have the gods have abandoned us?" makes you think of the Giants doesn't it. And, in Ikana Canyon of Termina, sharp and flat were composers for the Royal Family. Termina and Lorule's death mountain are both snowy and they both have swamps too. Both worlds also have parallel characters from the Zelda timeline. They both also share a dark themed world and also happen to be parallel worlds to Hyrule. We know termina is a parallel world to hyrule because Nintendo says so in Hyrule Hystoria. But if Lorule and Termina are the same why do they have different names? I suggest that Termina is actually right before Lorule's Civil War. During the civil war, things looked pretty bad. Then, when the Lorule royal family gets rid of their triforce, things get worse. Termina could actually be the name of the era of no triforce. They thought that it was the end of war, and the triforce. They thought it was Terminal, but it wasn't.(Termina,Terminal)But we all know in the end, getting rid of the triforce made things even worse. Also, the theory I present for the Majora's Mask in Ravio's house, is that Majora is Demise's parallel. In the ancient battle before skyward sword in Lorule, It could have been Majora who went after the triforce, and Lolia, Hylia's parallel and Ravio stopped him and sealed him away in a mask, instead of a stone pillar, but Majora cursed them all to reincarnate forever, which could also explain why Yuga looks like a clown. Also, the happy mask salesman could be Ghirahim's parallel. The way the happy mask salesman would be the demon lord's opposite, is, he is very dark and mysterious and, when you go to the moon in majora's mask, the mask children look like the happy mask salesman. These kids could be demons representing the happy mask salesman. And if majora was the demon king sealed in a mask, then why would the happy mask salesman carry it with him everywhere. Another thing, if the mask belongs to the HMS (Happy Mask Salesman), then why does Ravio have it. Well, the timeline did split in Hyrule, and then Lorule probably split too. After the Lorulian Civil war, the timeline split into three parts, The royal family gets rid of the triforce, the royal family simply wishes for peace with the triforce(seriously, why didn't they do that?), and the current incarnation of the demon king of the civil war gets a hold of the triforce and is sealed away by Lorule's seven sages. So in the timeline of no triforce and before, Ravio and his decedents watched over the majora's mask, and in the timeline of the royal family wishing for peace, the happy mask salesman gets a hold of the majora's mask. In the timeline of Majora's incarnation getting sealed in the sacred realm by the sages, the moon could be the sacred realm, and the majora's mask could be a gateway to the sacred realm. Now for timeline placement. The Lorule civil war would happen at the same time as ocarina of time, then after the civil war, in the timeline of the triforce being sent away, would come a link between worlds. mask. Next, in the timeline of Majora's incarnation being sealed away in the sacred realm, would come Majora's mask. That's all I have, let me know what you guys think.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Here's a question:
Why do you view the Civil War as during OoT, and not the Imprisoning War, which is similarly presented in the prequel game? anything other than the split?

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Okay so i am sick of people claiming Termina is Lorule, where the heck is the proof of this, the Mask itself is not proof that has been thrown in as an easter egg for MM3D

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
You need proof to base a theory off of or at least evidence that can link it without either it isn't a theory mearly a thought, everyone sites that mask as a link when it really isn't. Nintendo were laying out easter eggs linking to MM3D for awhile

Retro Ganon

Canon-Candy-Coded
This is the kind of stuff we need to examine to keep theorizing alive, good thread btw.

Let me interject the possibility that Termina might be a satellite nation of Lorule in the same way Holodrum and Labrynnia are with Hyrule. You mentioned some interesting parallels that might make your theory plausible but a key observation I remembered between the two lands was the presence of the Triforce symbol. Granted that Nintendo for some stupid reason removed it from the MM remake, but its relation to Termina's history revolving around Stone Temple compels something interesting. When you turned the tower upside down the Triforce was placed beneath the buttocks of a floating block depicting a creature of some sort. This indication seems rather offensive towards the Gods, and I got to thinking back how the Triforce symbols were depicted upwards on pillars outside the regions entrance. Originally most people back then believed Termina to be within the same universe as Hyrule, but I do not believe this anymore. Some event in Termina's past caused a civilizations' detest towards their original Gods and thus made them turn towards the giant elemental guardian deities we see in-game. This focal point may have had something to do with Lorule destroying its Triforce.

Lorule's fate is similar to that of Hyrule's Adult Timeline's fate after the events of the Great Flood. Bearing TWW intro in mind, and learning of the fate of the people post flooding, I can imagine how devastated the Hylians must of been. Seeing their beloved world flooded by the Gods as a temporary solution must have made them feel pretty PO'ed over time. They had no hero nor Triforce to meet their resolve. When looking at how the legend of the Hero of Time survived on Outset Island, I conclude that the upside down Triforce marks are an old symbol of contempt and resent towards the Gods for being unable to produce their Hero during such times of need.

In addition to some of the other parallels mentioned already, I believe that Termina is in the universe of Lorule given that the upward marking of the Triforce are offensive in that universe, just as the downward position of the Triforce is degrading towards the Gods in Hyrule in its universe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom