• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What is Links Most Iconic Item? (besides His Sword and Shield)

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
*I'd say his slingshot is his most iconic item (I'm disregarding his hat and tunic, as they're not really "items" per se). Several people who don't play videogames, whom I've talked with while playing Zelda instantly recognize the slingshot, even though they know next to nothing about the games. Plus, who else in the entirety of gaming has a slingshot that works the same as Link's?*

Ugh, total facepalm, I meant to say the hookshots.

Last edited:

The Jade Fist

Kung Fu Master
The bow is pretty obvious though cause he's based on robin hood, or kinda I always got that impression. The fact that he usually starts from a forest kinda goes along with that, and his clothes.

Conor

the over analysing guy
The first thing that comes to mind is the bow and arrow, honestly. I'm sure everyone's sick of hearing that xD

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
Maybe the musical instrument, even though that it's a different instrument in every game. The instruments also usually have some special story behind them and/or are integral to the main plot, while bows and bombs are just normal commodities that you can buy at shops. Three of the games are named after the instrument (If you count the conductor's wand even though it does not directly make music).
Aside from what has already been said (bow and arrows, bombs, etc) I agree with the point Cel-Shaded Deku made! Music is a huge element in The Legend of Zelda franchise, and the Zelda titles revered for being the best in the series, such as Ocarina of Time, revolve around an instrument that is almost symbolic. Although instruments do differ from game to game, I think a musical tool could arguably be Link's most iconic item.

im thinking of an item that when you see it, you think of Link. bombs and arrows , you can easily think of something else when you see them. and a green hat you can think of elves. thats why i have to go with hookshot. when you see the hookshot, you just automatically think of Link.

I'd have to say the boomerang. Though the bow and arrow is almost as frequently present and used, it is less obscure within general fantasy. In fact, bows are extremely popular in fantasy settings, whereas boomerangs are far rarer. Just behind the boomerang is the hookshot. The hookshot apears less often still, and has evolved into many different similar weapons, but remains a bit of a trademark of Link.

That's awesome. I've always thought empty bottles were under-appreciated. But the developers really seem to like them. In Ocarina of Time's Phantom Ganon and final Ganondorf battles, Wind Waker's Phantom Ganon battle, and Phantom Zelda battle in Twilight Princess, the empty bottle can be used instead of the sword for dead man's volley.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
I'd say Link's cap is his most iconic item. Another one is that even though this isn't really iconic to Link, the Triforce is iconic to the series (which might make people think of Link) as seen in the Super Smash Bros. games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom