• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What is Links Most Iconic Item? (besides His Sword and Shield)

I personally believe his Bow and Arrow is his most iconic item (besides the sword and shield) that he is most famous for. What do you think, do leave an explanation that why me and others know why you think so.

Does his tunic + cap combination count?

Aha, but I think the either the; Bow & Arrow, Bomb, or Slingshot tends to be his signature item.

Well technically speaking, his normal tunic and cap don't count but if its something like the water tunic which helps him a water task then yes it would count.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I would argue his bow/arrow is his most iconic item. I don't recall a single Zelda game bar AoL that DOESN'T have the bow and arrow as a usable item. Same could be said for bombs, but who honestly knows Link for his bombs?

I would argue his bow/arrow is his most iconic item. I don't recall a single Zelda game bar AoL that DOESN'T have the bow and arrow as a usable item. Same could be said for bombs, but who honestly knows Link for his bombs?

True even though his bombs are very useful and apparently can be combined with the bow and arrow (tp)

onidarklink2

An Hero of our Time
I'd say it's the hookshot. It's been in use in most of the major Zelda titles and has always been a very significant weapon in the games it's in. Unlike with most of the other major weapons like the bow, boomerang, bombs, slingshot, etc., the weapon is also unique to the Zelda series, this series is where the hookshot originated.

Cel-Shaded Deku

Ha ha, charade you are!
Rapin' your churches, burnin' your women!
Maybe the musical instrument, even though that it's a different instrument in every game. The instruments also usually have some special story behind them and/or are integral to the main plot, while bows and bombs are just normal commodities that you can buy at shops. Three of the games are named after the instrument (If you count the conductor's wand even though it does not directly make music).

True even though his bombs are very useful and apparently can be combined with the bow and arrow (tp)
Bomb arrows are also in Link's Awakening.

bunny

birb overlord
I would have to say the bow. I can't think of any Zelda game without it.... o_o

Djinn

and Tonic
Ubtil recently I would have said the boomerang. It was a very iconic item from the first game to the latest and was typically a secondary items in almost everyone's inventory. Not to mention the strangeness of having a medieval character toss a boomerang around, it only really occurred in Zelda. However it has had little to no use in the latest games and now a lot of new fans might not know much of it anymore. It has fallen almost totally out of use.

After that I would say the bow since it is the item most often seen in promotional artwork outside of the typical sword/shield. Plus it is always present in every game in some form no matter what. There are way too many situations that require it but it is the most common mainstay among the medium/long range items. Everything else is only around for one or two games like the beetle or slingshot or constantly changes forms like the hookshot and longshot. It also has the history behind it being an items from the first game as well.

But if I could really choose something from Link that is iconic, I would pick his hat. The hat has been present in each and every last appearance of Link and is often used to represent Link in other characters. Often a green floppy hat is enough to represent Link or even the Zelda series.
250px-SwordKirby.png

Generally you see a green hat and a sword and instantly Zelda comes to mind. Regardless of who is wearing it, you think "oh a little Link" which means that the green hat that easily represents Link is possibly the most iconic items on Link at any time.

Bow & Arrow or bombs I'd say are his most iconic items after his sword and shield. Those have been pretty constant throughout the series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom