• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What is a "perfect" Zelda for You?

geek4887

The Unknown
Well, I'm just gonna answer the question here.

My perfect Zelda would be Twilight Princess' art style. Similar story to TP. The same amounts of sidequests in MM. The linearity of TLoZ. And the difficulty of OoT. Perhaps a dual overworld like ALttP. And an overworld filled with secrets like TLoZ, with the vastness of TP.

So, what would be a "perfect" Zelda to you? :hmm:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
A perfect Zelda for me, aside from Ocarina of Time, would be:

• Amount of sidequests as Majora's Mask
  • Amazing NPCs like Majora's Mask
  • Number of Dungeons as Twilight Princess
  • Crazed villain like Majora's Mask
  • Adult Link like Twilight Princess
  • Twilight Princess' graphical style
  • Enemy AI like Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask
  • Music like Ocarina of Time
  • Nonlinearity like LoZ (NES)
  • Magic Bar and *some* RPG elements like Adventure of Link
  • Difficulty somewhat close to AoL's – just to reassure us that the game won't be too easy but at the same time not too hard.
  • Awesomeness like ZELDA

Last edited:

geek4887

The Unknown

• Awesomeness like ZELDA

Totally agree with you, dude! :cool:

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...

• Awesomeness like ZELDA

Yes! Oh, I wish. We can always dream for this to happen...

MW7

• Awesomeness like ZELDA

I agree completely also. The one idea I think would be cool would be if there was a town system like in AOL but all the towns have the depth of Clock Town in MM or Windfall Island in WW. Also I'd keep the hidden skills from TP and have lots of hidden caves like in LOZ and the lantern caverns from TP.

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
My "perfect" Zelda would probably look something like this:

-Wii U Zelda tech demo graphics
-Sidequests like Majora's Mask
-NPC interaction like Majora's Mask
-An extremely in-depth storyline; I feel that even though each Zelda game has its own unique story, they mostly center around "Link saves Zelda and/or Hyrule." I'd really like it if they could make a Zelda game where Link is very personally involved, not just the whole "Link's sister/friend is kidnapped" thing. Something... more. :sword:
-Beautiful, cinematic cutscenes
-Enemies like Skyward Sword (they seem a lot smarter than the enemies we've seen so far!)
-Bosses that can be beaten in different, innovative ways
-Bosses that actually have something to do with the plotline (Most bosses we've seen are just... there. I'd like bosses that we've seen or heard of before during the game, and then later we go and defeat them.)
-Magic with no Magic Meter (Who wouldn't love to use Light Arrows all you want without having to carry four bottles of Green Potion?! :) )
-Items that can be upgraded
-Items that can be used throughout the game (I don't want items like Twilight Princess's Spinner or Dominion Rod.)
-Many dungeons (10+)
-Many optional dungeons
-Random stuff you can carry around (This is a weird one, I know. What I mean is that I'd love to be able to cut a flower with my sword and then pick it up and put it in a pouch labeled "Other." XD Then I could use the flower later to do something else... Like make... Flower stew. XD)
-Crazy villain like what we've seen of Ghirahim so far XP
-Beautiful music
-Cool sword moves like Twilight Princess
-Lots of cool easter eggs
-Must have that "Zelda feel"

I'm a little picky. XP

Last edited:
-The breathtaking vistas of Twilight Princess
-Music of WW, Tp and OoT
-Swordplay of TP
-Art style of TP
-The secret caverns from WW
-Many dungeons (like 12), with most of them being an element temple, such as fire, wind, light, etc.
-Many optional dungeons, with very useful items
-TP's Hyrule feild but with more caverns, as mentioned before
-Many hidden things, like hard to find caverns, hell, maybe even a side-mini dungeon!
-Many different cool looing tunics with useful abilitys
There.

W

Webber1900

All I would want is to be able to customize link's look, his weapons and or items... I would totally love that!

Totally Agree!

-An extremely in-depth storyline; I feel that even though each Zelda game has its own unique story, they mostly center around "Link saves Zelda and/or Hyrule." I'd really like it if they could make a Zelda game where Link is very personally involved, not just the whole "Link's sister/friend is kidnapped" thing. Something... more. :sword:
-Enemies like Skyward Sword (they seem a lot smarter than the enemies we've seen so far!)
-Bosses that actually have something to do with the plotline (Most bosses we've seen are just... there. I'd like bosses that we've seen or heard of before during the game, and then later we go and defeat them.)
-Magic with no Magic Meter (Who wouldn't love to use Light Arrows all you want without having to carry four bottles of Green Potion?! :) )
-Items that can be used throughout the game (I don't want items like Twilight Princess's Spinner or Dominion Rod.)
-Many dungeons (10+)
-Many optional dungeons
-Random stuff you can carry around (This is a weird one, I know. What I mean is that I'd love to be able to cut a flower with my sword and then pick it up and put it in a pouch labeled "Other." XD Then I could use the flower later to do something else... Like make... Flower stew. XD)
-Beautiful music

I'm a little picky. XP

Yes, make bosses more intertwined with the story like gym leaders were in Pokemon Black/White.

This is a very, very tough one.
1. Darkness as MM.
2. All major enemies.
3. The best, most epic final boss fight in Zelda history!
4. Be very long. At least, 15-20 long dungeons.
5. The best grand finale made by Nintendo.
To make a long story short, be the best of the best!

H

harda toenail

My perfect Zelda game would be wind waker.

It had tons of side quests, so many islands, a very unique instrument, puppet gannons which I loved, beautiful art, and I loved the smooth animations.

It could use a couple more dungeons though but I'm completely satisfied with what it is.

geek4887

The Unknown

-Many dungeons (10+)
-Many optional dungeons
-Beautiful music

I'm a little picky. XP

That's not a good zelda game. That, that, that defines greatness and perfection! :D Except for the no magic meter part.

Last edited:

geek4887

The Unknown
The perfect Zelda? Take A Link to the Past and make the dungeons a bit larger, that's all that is required.

Haha! That would be cool, too. But would you want it re-made as a 3D game? You know, just to get it up to par with all the great games these days?

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
The perfect Zelda for me would have:

About 15 dungeons and be over 60 hours long for the main quest.

Difficulty of a similar level to OOT

Art style similar to the WII U tech demo, something both pretty but with a hint of realism. Pre rendered cinematic cutscenes FF13 quality.

Upgrades to your items and main weapon. SS has implemented item upgrades but I also want it so that with every boss you defeat link becomes stronger or his weapon does that allows him to kill enemies that were previously impossible or very difficult to kill. This could be implemented so that it would be impossible to complete the next area in your quest until you are strong enough to fight whatever nasties await there.

Allot of exploration elements and a large over world with lots of caves to explore, some could even contain actual bosses that drop items that you would not usually find
Over world contains allot more enemies, some of which that are best avoided until later on in the game.

More towns with interactive NPC's and a very large main city with ton's of different shops and multi story buildings. I want a game where you have to ask NPC's for leads on where you should next go in your quest, and your action in helping people in side quests influences how people are to you.

More humour like in OOT and MM. TP had interesting characters for sure but nobody was really funny.

I want Ganondorf to be the villain and I want him to become the most powerful version yet. Proper character development, and more screen time unlike TP. I also want him to be depicted on-screen as the embodiment of evil this time round, rather than it just being stated. For instance he could blow up a few towns or reduce the main city to rubble. This would be perfect for a great flood storyline, having a man so dangerous the Goddesses themselves had to intervene.

This game of course would end in the most epic battle in zelda history, and also be the most challenging in a 3D title yet.

The perfect Zelda for me would have:

About 15 dungeons and be over 60 hours long for the main quest.

Difficulty of a similar level to OOT

Art style similar to the WII U tech demo, something both pretty but with a hint of realism.

Upgrades to your items and main weapon. SS has implemented item upgrades but I also want it so that with every boss you defeat link becomes stronger or his weapon does that allows him to kill enemies that were previously impossible or very difficult to kill. This could be implemented so that it would be impossible to complete the next area in your quest until you are strong enough to fight whatever nasties await there.

Allot of exploration elements and a large over world with lots of caves to explore, some could even contain actual bosses that drop items that you would not usually find
Over world contains allot more enemies, some of which that are best avoided until later on in the game.

More towns with interactive NPC's and a very large main city with ton's of different shops and multi story buildings. I want a game where you have to ask NPC's for leads on where you should next go in your quest and your action in helping people in side quests influences how people are to you.

More humour like in OOT and MM. TP had interesting characters for sure but nobody was really funny.

I want Ganondorf to be the villain and I want him to become the most powerful version yet. Proper character development, and more screen time unlike TP. I also want him to be depicted on-screen as the embodiment of evil this time round, rather than it just being stated. For instance he could blow up a few towns or reduce the main city to rubble. This would be perfect for a great flood storyline, having a man so dangerous the Goddesses themselves had to intervene.

This game of course would end in the most epic battle in zelda history, and also be the most challenging in a 3D title yet.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom