• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What is a dungeon in the Zelda series you find to be overrated?

MapelSerup

not actually Canadian
All of OoT’s dungeons are kind of basic looking back, sharing the same issue LttP had of straightforward dungeons with basic puzzles mainly coming from their early placement in the series. I personally found many of TP’s dungeons just plain boring, especially Arbiter’s Grounds and City in the Sky which were only memorable for the setting and boss.

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
Now that I've played through SS in its entirety, I'd also say most of the dungeons from that game are overhyped. Sandship has some neat mechanics, but it also has a lot of backtracking and an annoying sequence as you're making your way to go fight the boss. The Mining Facility is fine enough, but it drags on for too long and has a disappointing boss. Sky Keep has some sections that are painful to replay if you screw them up. I don't think all of them are weak or not that great, but more often than not I wasn't impressed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom