• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What instrument do you play?

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
I'm not exactly a scholarly person, but I feel that my talent in the arts really makes up for that. I take great pride in the fact that, when it comes to instruments, I'm quite versatile. Currently, I play:

Bassoon
Oboe
Clarinet
Bass Clarinet
Trumpet
Sousaphone
Trombone
French Horn
Tuba
Piano
Organ
Harp
Lyre
Celtic Flute
Ocarina (12 hole)
Vocals (soprano)
Snare Drum
Bass Drum
Tenors
Timpani
Congas
Xylaphone
Vibraphone
Harpsichord
Glass Harmonica
Harmonica

I'm hoping to learn violin one day... and perhaps the ukulele (they sound so jolly!), but right now I just don't have the money for another instrument. Oh, and I'd absolutely love to learn to play the banjo. I looove bluegrass.

N

Notemo

Mostly guitar, some piano. The only song I've learned for the piano is the super mario bros theme. heh, I think that's the only reason i touched a piano.

K

KelseyRain

Dang....I play a lot of things. I used to be in band...I played recorder (soprano, alto, tenor, and bass recorders), flute, clairinet, saxophone, piano, guitar, violin, viola, and my favorite instrument is my voice. (: Its like a female Kris Allen haha

I play quite a number of instruments.

I play the Alto Saxophone in my school's Symphonic (Top performance level) Band, and I can also play the Soprano and Tenor Saxophones as well. I probably could play the Baritone Saxophone, but I have never tried.

I had lessons for the Bass Guitar (Although I never needed them) and will play it in the School's Jazz Band (There's only one) I also play it for school-wide performances such as the Schools Talent shows. (Last year, me and two others played 'All the Small Things' by Blink-182 and got first. Sadly, there was no prize)

I taught myself to play both Guitar (mainly Electric) and Piano. I only play piano when writing to figure out what key the song is in. And to prove that I can play 'Mary had a Little Lamb' with accuracy. I absolutely love the Guitar, and I think I'm quite good at it, but have never had a lesson.

That's 7 instruments total (Including Baritone Saxophone)

Dabombster

Do the thing
Site Staff
Well, I self-taught myself Piano and Guitar. I can read tabs for the guitar since they're quite simple actually, but I can't actually read sheet music. I took a guitar class in high school for required art credit, but didn't actually learn anything from it aside from how to play Don't Fear (The Reaper). I prefer piano, I like the way it sounds better, but I play the guitar from time to time. I kind of lost interest since my guitar is older than I am and gets itself out of tune on a daily basis.

T

Teeler

I play both the Bari and Alto saxes. Both are great instruments, but I prefer the Bari. I most likely could play the Tenor as well, but I've never tried.

Len

Zelda On Paper
the instruments i play

bass, electric guitar, acoustic guitar, drums and piano... oh and i sing too, just wait to hear my awesome voice, (and its awesome, i sound like a famous person, really)

Last edited:

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
I play the keyboard, though I am barely starting to understand its functions. Mostly I like putting some video game music on my windows media player and follow it along with the keyboard.

Juxtor

aka. musician_4_life
haha i have missed this thread...
well as my sig shows i do play the cello for about 10 years...
A little word of advice for the younger generation of people on this forum is that no matter kind of mental wall u will experience (and believe me i have come across quite a lot when i change teachers and have to adopt a new technique or i get taller and positioning of the body has to change in terms of bowing and such for a cellist in particular....haha)

anyway before i get to carried away...don't give up because the joy of learning music is eternally gratifying and will be something that u will cherish!!

hope to see all of u on the big stage playing a concerto or in the worlds leading orchestras!!!
:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom