• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What instrument do you play?

N

Nian Kast

The piano would be my primary instrument, I've been playing for, eleven years now, I picked up drums as a secondary in my last two years in music school, so I've been playing drums for five, I think, I sucks at math, I'm self taught with my acoustic guitar, and i, plan, on learning the violin and the flute, just because the sound is beautiful.

M

madslayer333

I play the keybord ocarina and the Alto-Saxaphone.I taught myself how to play everything else but the Alto.

I play the bass guitar, and have been for over 6 years now. In my opinion its the big mean instrument in a general band. The coal truck on the road alongside the sports car (guitar) and the school bus (drums). I love playing bass. I've tried to play other instruments but none are as fun to play as the bass to me. Also, I hate it when bands try to play without bass. If its an acoustic song, fine..(makes sad face), but if its a garage band without a bassist that isn't trying to look for one because they think they sound fine, they don't sound fine, and I can guarantee that without even hearing them. You gotta have that low end to music or it seems like its floating around without purpose.

silent lion

ReDead
I play violin, but I've not had one in years so I'm probably a bit rusty now. I play some guitar, but I only really picked that up a few months ago. My main instrument though is a keyboard (and piano at close second. Yes, they are different to play :p) and I'm pretty good with that. I was taught how to play violin first, then picked the rest up myself. Best way to learn, methinks.

A

Alexander

I myself can currently play the Saxophone (I do in the school band), Clarinet, Gutiar, Bass Guitar, Drums, Piano, and Keyboard. I was raised in a very musical family, so I've sort of adapted to that a bit and I can learn instruments easier. Guitar was self-taught.

I also have the always interesting ability of being able to learn songs by ear, more than likely because I was drilled with music from day one of living.

silent lion

ReDead
I also have the always interesting ability of being able to learn songs by ear, more than likely because I was drilled with music from day one of living.

Yeah, I do that. Funny thing is, you'd think that would be harder. For me it's harder to learn from sheet music. I can read music, yeah, but it takes so long it's incredible. It's so much easier from ear. For me anyway.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
I've used my nose as an instrument. Played some nice songs on it. Yes, I'm actually serious.

Mehplep

Simply awesome
I used to play flute for several years (the weird thing is there is no special word for it in english so here is an image https://www.prowinds.com/merchantmanager/images/uploads/Std_Flute.jpg), but I stopped because I didn't like it anymore. Maybe I should pick it up again and learn some zelda tunes ^^

I believe the english term for that instrument is Western Concert Flute. Or C-flute, since it's tuned to C major.

Let's see... I'm playing mostly guitar (including electric, classic, acoustic, multistringed, and steelguitars) , bass (both electric and upright), drums, piano, and cello. I am however capable to play recorder, violin, various percussions and am pretty good at DJing/sampling, and am okay at beatboxing. My only real weakness in instruments is non-wooden wind instruments, but whatever.

MajoraKing12

Perfect Harmony
I play the Cornet in band at school, I also know how to play the recorder(if that counts). I have a guitar but the video that shows me how to play it NEVER help me!!! I also want to learn how to play the orcania.^^

I've been playing the piano since I was three years old. I can also play by ear, which is how I learned some Zelda songs :).

Speaking of which, I got an ocarina last Christmas. Not a Zelda one, unfortunately, but it's shaped like a fish, so it's still awesome.

Yeah, I play the little Song of Time tune on my bass often. A while back, I got board and played each note of the ocarina in OoT to see what note it would be on bass. After that, I could pretty much play any of the songs, and doing the portions that come after the part which you actually play isn't difficult at all since they are in the same scale.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom