• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What instrument do you play?

I've played piano for at least ten years. I have quit taking lessons, but will still come back to play some music. I often go print off sheet music arrangements from my favorite video games because that is just my taste. I am considering taking guitar lessons, but am still not sure.

M

masksalesman_30

I primarily play the trombone, but I can also play a little drum set, trumpet, tenor saxophone, baritone, piano, and guitar (I'm not very good at piano and guitar, but it's not like I'm clueless about them)

Deku man

Just another nobody......
I really like playing the flute. People used to make fun of me for it, but I kept my head up and can play an awesome solo!

i started out by playing the piano, i played that for 3 years im pretty sure, then after that i switched to guitar
which after playing pianio it made learning guitar so much easier
i also played clarinet when i was in grade 8
i would LOVE to learn how to play the sax tho or trombone or trumpet.
but for now i stick to playing my good ol' guitar

Ghosi

Schmetterling
I play the clarinet, violin, and saxophone. Ufortunately I haven't been able to get a saxophone for myself, I only used a school instrument...

MikauIncarnate

Hero of the Zora
Technically I primarily play the trumpet, but I consider piano my primary instrument. I also play french horn or Mello, and I have a guitar but I'm not really that awesome at it. I would take lessons, but i really hate taking lessons for anything, so chances are I'll just figure it own by myself. Song of storms is probably my favorite thing to play. There's an old house across from my Grandparent's house with a piano warped by rain. It sounds awesome on that.

Weeeell, I used to be in the school band from fourth grade to ninth grade. At first, I played the flute. I was absolutely NO good at it. My fingers were too slow, and my flute itself was bad quality. I sounded horrible playing that thing... But I loved it. The flutes got such lovely melodies. I stopped around 8th grade, when I left my flute in the instrument closet and never saw it again. How I wish I remembered to pick it up.

In 8th grade, I started playing the marimba/mallets/xylophone/whateveryouwannacallit. I was decently good at it, because it was essentially a big piano, something I was somewhat familiar with beforehand. My only issue with the mallets was the fact that you had to split your vision in two - one to look at the music itself, and one to keep track of where your mallets are hitting the keys. I never mastered this, and I often ended up memorizing the pieces we were playing. I did really love this instrument, and I wish I could pick it up again.

In 9th grade, I started playing the alto saxophone. Worst year of my life, and I would never return to this instrument if you set me on fire. I was absolutely awful at it, I couldn't play any of the songs I was assigned, and the teacher was so strict and so mean to me. Ruined the instrument for me forever.

I'll be getting an ocarina soon, and I hope it'll come easily to me, since I've played woodwinds in the past. It seems like a generally easy instrument to pick up, as it only has so many buttons and button combinations, unlike the ridiculous saxophone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom