• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Inspired Your XBLGamertag/PSNID/NNID?

Big Octo

=^)
My XBL Gamertag was inspired by The Mighty Boosh, specifically the famous Old Gregg scene. I won't give away the full tag, but just know that there are a lot of users on XBL with Old Gregg or some variation of it in their gamertag.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I'm usually very uncreative when making usernames, so my usernames for PS3 and Xbox are usually my name/nickname combined with a number (maybe to do with my birthday) or something else that I can relate to.

octorok74

TETTAC
My gamertag, is exactly the same as my username here. Nothing really inspired it. Just, didn't want to think up something else. Very easy and i got lazy.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
My XBL tag was inspired by my butt, I was literally just sitting down and said "wow my butt doesn't actually itch but it feels like it does...empty huh" so I looked up words that meant "empty" or "emptiness" and lo behold Vanitas came to be. Or me. Whichever one. I added the 2K4 because I was really bored. So Vanitas2K4 means "my butt doesn't actually itch but it feels like it does two thousand and four".

My PSNID - VentusZD - came because I'm Ventus on ZD.
My secondary PSNID - Lucina_FE - came because I troll on Battlefield 3.

My NNID - VentusZD - came because I'm Ventus on ZD.
My secondary NNID - Lucina_FE - came because I troll on BLOPS2.

My XBL tag was inspired by my butt, I was literally just sitting down and said "wow my butt doesn't actually itch but it feels like it does...empty huh" so I looked up words that meant "empty" or "emptiness" and lo behold Vanitas came to be. Or me. Whichever one. I added the 2K4 because I was really bored. So Vanitas2K4 means "my butt doesn't actually itch but it feels like it does two thousand and four".

My PSNID - VentusZD - came because I'm Ventus on ZD.
My secondary PSNID - Lucina_FE - came because I troll on Battlefield 3.

My NNID - VentusZD - came because I'm Ventus on ZD.
My secondary NNID - Lucina_FE - came because I troll on BLOPS2.
That's so beautiful.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Well, I have a few usernames, quite a lot really, and they're all inspired by different things but the inspirations are pretty mundane. Take Mercedes for example which I use on a few places, I had to pick a new username and I just so happened to be watching Hollyoaks at the time, and there's a character on there called 'Mercedes' who I really liked. So, with this information I flew out to NASA and me and a team of other physicists and some Scientists from CERN began to brainstorm and tried a few experiments to see what the result was, mixing together whatever elements we could find and exploding half of the bunker when we tried mixing Sodium with Cillit Bang. $2 billion later and only 4 lives lost over the course of a few months, we eventually decided Mercedes would suffice as a name. And that's what I use! Or, used.

Usually any 'Mercedes' accounts are old, my old Battlefield IDs and stuff are that and my account name for Steam is a deviation of it and of course stuff like ZD is that. After Mercedes, and 'Merc', I was using my name 'Ez' for a bit since everyone thought it was a username and it was nice to be called by my name! But my GFWL/XBL and PSN, as well as Steam, are all a play on the Japanese word 'Seiteki'. There was a discussion on a forum I go on about what that one word stood for because apparently it was said in an anime and has multiple meanings that wasn't clear, whatever. Not really paying attention, I think I was trying to eat a melted chocolate bar at the time. Takes concentration. And then one guy just pipes up, like, appeared from nowhere, just goes "HE WANTED TO DO HER, THATS WHAT IT MEANS" and I found it funny. And I just started using it as an ID. It's got a ring to it!

So, that's that.

Salem

SICK
Take Mercedes for example which I use on a few places, I had to pick a new username and I just so happened to be watching Hollyoaks at the time, and there's a character on there called 'Mercedes' who I really liked.
Sooo, not Mercedes-Benz then?

i use markasscop as my username for about everything
if you see the name markasscop anywhere,its me .....or at least it SHOULD be :suspicious:
So if I google search you, that person SHOULD be you, huh? I wonder if some used the exact same username just to mess with you.....

Zorth

#Scoundrel
Most of them are usually stolen inspired by other names I've met across the years. For example, the origin of Zorth (the one I've used most) would be the best player I've ever encountered in a first person shooter some time ago back on CoD4, zorth89 was the exact name I believe. All my other usernames on any other site/game are pretty much also just a random pick of a name I've seen somewhere else, sometimes I even come up with my own but I rarely stick with a certain name.

:drama::drama::drama:​

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
I'm usually very uncreative when making usernames, so my usernames for PS3 and Xbox are usually my name/nickname combined with a number (maybe to do with my birthday) or something else that I can relate to.

That's exactly mine.

Mine is my nickname from 8th grade and the last two numbers of my birth year.

Well, my older brother had a gamertag that started with the letter R, so I thought I should make mine start with R as well.

I came up with Reaca about a week later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom