• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What if Zelda Had Towns Inhabited by Friendly Monsters?

09MurphyM

Basically, what if zelda did something similar to the Paper Mario series and had towns and villages inhabited by friendlier versions of enemies like Lizalfos and Moblins? Of course, you would still encounter ones that you would need to defeat in dungeons and the overworld.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is your first post! Welcome to zd. I started my account today but I think I have 8 posts.

Abou the friendly monsters, I think thats a good idea. In skewed sword there should be a village of monsters that you have to save and then they like u.

Please excuse my terrible sPelling.Curse u auto correct!

Last edited:

Maikeru

Piper of Time
Reminds me of Majora's Mask with Stalchildren and Gibdos. It could be interesting. Especially if I can pull off a Fable, and kill them anyways.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Wasn't there a friendly Moblin in the original LoZ? Maybe we'll find out later in some game that he founded a village for his kind and made peace with Hyrule. I'd actually like to have a benign town like that and pretend to kill them. ^^

Katelynn

Flirtatously Flirty
Hm, that seems kinda cool, but it just doesn't feel right. Most of the Monster's in the Zelda series are, well, Monsters. They can't really tell right from wrong because every time to go near them, they eat you, or pound your green hat covered head. I think the only freindy "Monsters" should be the Deku, I mean, they're already both!

Having friendly enimies in the Mario series worked, because it's Mario. Nothing makes and sense and nothing follows the laws of physics and true factual well-fare.

1.) Traveling through "warp" Pipes? Psh, that is so cliche. Pipes are usually only 1-2 feet in diameter, I seriously doubt the Mario bros are that small.

2.) Mushrooms make you stronger? All they give me is bloating.

MOVING ON.

No, I don't believe "nice" enimies should be implemented in the Zelda series, because there's already too much confusion on what's actually factually true or not. This would just screw up the game(s)

(It might break the time-lines too, which are anoying enough.)

Wasn't there a friendly Moblin in the original LoZ? Maybe we'll find out later in some game that he founded a village for his kind and made peace with Hyrule. I'd actually like to have a benign town like that and pretend to kill them. ^^

OHHH NIICE JOB!!! you ruined the SECRET!.. I hope you're happy with yourself :p
Secret_Moblin.png

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
I actually like this idea since Nintendo has used this in a previous game but it wasn't a LoZ game or Mario game or at least the game I'm thinking of wasn't.

I'd really like that. I probably would have to get used to that, though, since my first thought when seeing a monster, is to kill it :)

triq267

Just a relatable ghost trying to spook it up
It could be interesting. Especially if I can pull off a Fable, and kill them anyways. -Maikeru
Even if you couldn't kill them, I would try. I would spend hours trying, and if I couldn't, then I would just drop my controller, walk out of the room, and cry. Then I would play again.

Zeldawolfsheik

Chief of Shiekah Tribe
I think it would be very fun. Link's Awakening had a town of talking animals. So friendly talking enemies would be GREAT! It would give enemies more depth. It reminds me of Oracle of Ages. The friendly Zora in the sea hate the river zora that attack you. It would be very nice to see them coexist. I wish the enemies would talk too instead of charging.

i do not see a reason it would be bad at all.

geek4887

The Unknown
Well, this could might as well add more to the story of the game. Like there was a resistance in Twilight Princess, then maybe like another group of monsters can follow them. Oh, and yeah, I agree that there already were friendly monsters and such, especially the Dekus, Zoras, Gorons, and such. Would you count King Boblin (is that how you spell it?) as a friendly monster, too? Even though he wasn't really in a town.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom