• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What if You Never Joined ZD?

Fig

The Altruist
If I never joined Zelda Dungeon, I probably would have never met my favorite group of people (every member in general) to be around with. I would have probably be all alone everyday as my mom has a lot of things to do outside home and my brother is always invited to hang-outs while I would be practice my French Horn or play my Nintendo consoles and portables. I don't regret joining for I had a great time here! :kawaii:

I would have never found a love for Nintendo, the internet, and gaming in general without ZD. I'd still be figuring out the forbidden woods in WW. I also would have not found some of the wisest people on the internet, the most random people on earth, and those who actually learn from their mistakes.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
If I never joined ZD, I would probably be in jail/prison right about now...maybe even dead. I'm not joking -- All the people here, regardless of rank or usercolor or whether they're banned or not have helped and are helping me now to tread the depths of life.

Infractions are a nice place to start. A while back, a moderator kindly gave me a huge infraction for an extremely negative comment. Had they not done that, I may have said something a million times worse elsewhere which just could have been monitored by...well, bigger people in higher places and that could've landed me a pretty awesome position in prison. Could have.

Other smaller infractions regarding my posting quality have also been dished out. I sure hated getting them, but they're good things in retrospect; they've helped me be more aware of myself and of the location I'm at, both figuratively and literally.

I've gotten in fights here. I've felt down because of stuff that occurred in the Shoutbox and other places. But all in all, i think those "negative" things can be used to make a full 180 and make things positive. Positive things, like friends in areas unexpected. Positive things, like $20 prepaid cards out of the blue [thanks a lot Rare Addict!]If I didn't join ZD, I likely wouldn't have any of them. But enough talk -- I'm here right now, so let's enjoy these positive things! =)

Majora's Cat

How about that
I would probably end up frequenting Zelda Universe or some other site instead. I'm glad that I did find Zelda Dungeon and that it has evolved so much. You can clearly see the progression of the forums and the rise in quality of ZD (now a part of the Dungeon Gaming Network) if you've been around for maybe a year or so. Honestly I'm not sure if being on the forums has had the most positive influence on me. Sure, I may be able to write a tad better and have made new friends, but it has also sucked loads of time away that could've been used studying, exercising and practicing the arts. Like TheGreen once said, this forum website is like an addictive drug that both positively and negatively impacts those who are ensnared by its friendly user base and charm.

Dan

If it weren't for ZD I would of never been aware of have dangerous people would be. A SPLIT time line if you will. (Calm down now it's not Zelda)

If Dan never joined ZD - Big octo's Revenge

1. Would of never met some amazing people, you know who you are ;) (although you prolly don't)
2. I would of never known about the danger that is ***pants and when confronting him at a carnival I wouldn't know his weakness. Thus I would die
3. I WOULD OF NEVER FOUND PONPONPON (Thanks spirit)
4. If I hadn't of joined ZD it would of been destroyed by space invaders. Don't worry guys I killed them for you all
5. I would of never been able to lay eggs

I have no emotional story to offer here as some already have and another batch likely will but this is a fitting thread to respond to on the day that marks my first year anniversary on the forums.

If I hadn't joined ZD I'd most likely not be too active on the Internet at least on gaming sites since prior to joining the forums I had been familiar with the main site for several years and I knew this was a community I could trust. Luckily my life changed for the better. Yes, I suppose I could spend less time on the Internet especially when I'm bored but this is a phenomenal site with people I care for. I thank Thareous especially for his support during my first months here on the forums, I'll never forget his guidance during the rougher times I experienced on the forums.

Most importantly, these forums have allowed me to somewhat creep out from my shell of shyness and enter the social sphere in real life as well. I learned that talking to people face to face can be just as inviting and entertaining as doing so on the Internet. A crossroads in my social connection here on the forums prompting me to change in real life occurred last December during a period of major activity and acquaintance.

I don't regret a moment spent here because it's taught me to accept others for who they are, write better, and more effectively communicate with those around me.

Cel-Shaded Deku

Ha ha, charade you are!
Rapin' your churches, burnin' your women!
I probably would not have found The Oatmeal, Cyanide and Happiness, Brawl in the Family, Reddit, several Youtube channels, Minecraft, and many others if I had not become an active member here. I'm not sure where I'm getting this from, but I think my life would also be a lot more depressing.

I would have rock-hard abs, a Swedish bikini model for a girlfriend, no acne, perfect white teeth, X-ray vision, and a pet tiger that can fly and expel fire out of his anus.

Last edited:

Ninten*

BLOOOOOOOO
Is this actually possible? The unspeakable horror. I'd probably never have a Wii. I got that so I could play mainly Skyward Sword (and a few other games). Or maybe I would've gotten it since I was considering Resident Evil 4 first. I'd also be a complete outcast just secluded in my room or something. I actually don't see it possible to have never joined ZD, and experience life the same as I do now.

Luke's Wife

peaked in 2015
I WOULDN'T HAVE ANY FRANDS
but I might have possibly had a social life
actually, no, I still wouldn't have.
I'd be spending even more time on Tumblr, I guess.

TheRizardon

poog tnalp yknuhc
If i hadn't joined ZD I wouldn't know any good anime to watch I know kind of a sucky thing but I haven't been here THAT long. XD

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
I wouldn't know all of you awesome people and I wouldn't have as many gamer friends (I have hardly any IRL). Zelda Dungeon is a great place for me to hang and it's upsetting to know I'll probably never meet most (mabye all) of you in real life :(

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
Hmm, it's hard to imagine life without something.

Negatives - I wouldn't have met all the great friends here. I wouldn't have explored my graphical talent. I wouldn't have explored my drawing talent. I wouldn't have explored my writing talent. I wouldn't have had interest in buying my Ocarina. I wouldn't have interest in Zelda as much as I do. I probably wouldn't be as open and "me" around people.

Pluses - I would read a lot more. I'd go outside a lot more. I wouldn't try to get on the computer as much as I can. In fact I wouldn't get on the computer at all, ever. I probably wouldn't be as moody as I am now. I would probably do more stuff around the house and be more helpfull.

There are negatives and pluses in the paths of life, but whenever you come to a fork, you must choose one way. I'm sure I'd be happy either way, but I'm glad I chose this way. ;)

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
Well, let's see... if I'd never joined ZD.

This alternate timeline begins on January 31st, 2010. If I recall correctly, I was getting back into the Zelda series, and thus looking around for a Zelda forum to join at the time. Most of the ones I was finding were dead or inactive. Let us suppose that I hadn't stumbled across Zelda Dungeon, or that Zelda Dungeon was merely a news site without a forum.

Now, at this point, it's easy for me to avoid writing much of an alternate history by simply saying I would have joined some other Zelda forum, and met most of the same people who also would have wanted to be on a Zelda forum. But let's suppose I hadn't been able to find a Zelda forum at all, or I got frustrated and gave up on finding one after the point where I found ZD in this timeline; because the divergence in a timeline where ZD didn't have a forum and everyone joined a different Zelda forum, could be surprisingly small and not worthy of writing about.

This was a couple of months before I went to work for my father, and I talked to everyone here off and on during that situation. My plans likely wouldn't have changed much. The only thing that might have been different, is that I would have spent a bit more time studying Spanish, playing video games, and perhaps gone back to my old Psychology forum. But the majority of events that year were governed by my issues with my Dad, and going on a trip to New York to see a friend from my old psychology forum. In fact, there was a long hiatus from ZD during much of that year. A three-month active period, followed by five months of inactivity. Overall, 2010 would not have been much different for me without ZD. Well, actually, I might not have been motivated to finish playing the whole Zelda series, and might have drifted onto other games sooner. But aside from that, not much.

The next couple of years are quite another story, however. 2011 is the year that I got really interested in ZD. If I hadn't had ZD that year, my outward life would likely have been much the same. I would have gone to volunteer at the hospital, and I would have tried to get a job at Wal-Mart that didn't work out so well. The main difference is that I probably never would have gotten Skype, or tried participating in voice calls. I would likely still be focusing on ordinary forums entirely. I also never would have played Minecraft, learned how to host servers, tried to learn more about vBulletin, or attempted to play a D&D campaign. There were a lot of firsts for me that year. The only thing I can imagine is that perhaps I would have simply played more video games other than the Zelda series, might have put more of my energy into solitary activities such as reading that didn't involve other people, and simply allowed my social skills to atrophy completely for another couple of years.

The most important thing, though, is that I never would have met a few friends who taught me about courage and self-expression. A lot of things I used to think were harmful or dangerous were really just matters of personal taste, and were really only meant to be entertaining. I also learned how still other things really WERE harmful, and that there was always a line, but it was a line you had to draw in grey areas and further back. Not something you can be black and white about. I appreciate learning that lesson quite a bit, and while I might have learned it elsewhere, it might have taken longer and not been taught with as much clarity, fulfillment, or compassion.

Overall, I would say that my life would have still been fairly similar without ZD on the surface these past couple of years, and that I probably could have gone without it if it had not existed. But I feel that having had the opportunity to learn things here rather than elsewhere, with these people, was extremely meaningful and helpful. It helped open me to opportunities, people, and ideas that I might not have considered otherwise. It all happened in a very slow, building fashion that allowed me to let new things in slowly, in such a way that I didn't grow overly resentful or revolt against it so strongly that I didn't return.

Violet Link

takumi was a mistake and so are the S supports
If I'm not in ZD, probably my problems in real life will stay. Without Azure Sage, my life will never be happy. Maybe without everyone in ZD, my life never had happiness. I love this place so freaking much, it's awesome. People appreciate my talents... I feel..... special..

If I don't exist in ZD probably everything in my life will turn to worse.
Probably I'll go crazy and mad.
Mad. Just. MAD.
Because.... my life is a wave of depressions..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom