• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What if You Never Joined ZD?

zellinkda

one of many
(feel free to close if this is a duplicate)

what would you be doing if you had never joined ZD?

I would probably be sitting home everyday watching TV, and I would probably be complaining about how bored I was. On the plus side, I wouldn't be so worried about getting to a computer all the time. My grades may have been a little better because I would have more time to breathe.

that's my deal, what about you?

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Probably joined another Site :lol: I would have surfed the internet and would have ended up at other places and maybe would have liked it over there as much :P or maybe got chewed out and banned

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Well, for one thing I would probably never had heard about Skyward Sword until maybe around the time of it's release. I also would never have become as good as I am at making graphics, either. And I definitely wouldn't have met all of the wonderful friends I have here. I really can't imagine my life without them anymore. People like zellinkda, Atticus, Nicole, mandym287, Violet, JuicieJ, Vanitas, Vanessa, Spirit of Rutela, Chilfo Freeze... I could very easily go on. My life wouldn't be nearly as bright without them.

Last edited:
I'd be in a windowless van down by the river. Jk I still am.

Honestly, I'd probably be less smart than I am now, because I've learned a lot in my time here regarding debating, writing, and stuff like that. Also, I'd be doing my homework sooner; ZD always distracts me and makes me not go to bed till around midnight or so. But I'm fine with that.

lol.. hmmm

Do i dare say I'd be less stressed and happier?
I guess there is that side of it but i'm still quite glad that i joined ZD, i've made some new friends for life even if they are online and its going to be exciting to ride out a new Zelda with everyone instead of being alone for the journey.

If I had never joined ZD, I wouldn't have a good website that offers knowledgable advice with Zelda games to go to. Also, I wouldn't have a chat box to go to every time I'm bored. Also, I would have never had the fun experience of watching the livestreams.

I'd probably be bored out of my mind... After all, I don't have much of a real life or any friends. Any semblance of a social life only exists in cyberspace for me, so yeah... I frequent ZD more so than any other website...

Nicole

luke is my wife
If I never joined ZD, would my life be better or worse than it is now? I have to say, if I never joined ZD in April 2010, it's likely that I might not even have been alive at this point. I went through a particularly rough patch in my life this past winter, and I'm sure that without the support and guidance of my friends here, I would have strayed and done awful things. I'm closer with the majority of people here than I am with a lot of people around my own town. I can name about a dozen members that I've shared more of my own life with than anyone else irl. That's not to say I'm anti-social, but I think I find it easier to relate with most people here.

If I never joined ZD, I'd probably still be Roman Catholic. After having debated about some topics and venturing into things myself is when I started to change my beliefs. I would think that if I never joined ZD, I wouldn't really have been on the internet much at all. I'm not sure what I'd be doing with my time. At first, I figured I'd have a lot more time to practice basketball - but chances are I wouldn't have developed the motivation to better myself if not for, again, my friends here. Although Jordyn Wieber is really the person who has inspired me to train hard. I'm not sure if I would have developed a fangirlism for her if I hadn't joined ZD.

Honestly, I've been here so long that it's completely changed my mindset. I've become a much more mature person after my dealings here over the years. I'm not entirely sure why. I suppose being in a position of authority has really shaped up my attitude. It makes me proud that I was chosen to help uphold the rules and that I can help people at least in this little way. Overall, my experience on ZD has been very positive, if not for a few bumps and hitches along the road. It's taught me a number of things, besides maturity. It's helped me develop my writing skills and debating prowess - which has become something I'm extremely proud of, just check my signature. I love being able to debate civilly yet so effectively to baffle anyone who tries to disagree with me. It makes me feel really good about myself. :P

ZD has also exposed me to many new things: different religious views and different political views; different lifestyles and cultures; different tastes in games, music, or movies; and advice about school, sports, and life in general that I most likely would not have found had I not joined this site. If I no longer could visit ZD, I'd most likely totally dedicate myself to my studies and basketball. I've recently even considered resigning as a moderator because I wanted to really train hard, but I really love it here and it would hurt to do that. As of right now, I can balance both my job here and my training, as well as any school projects I've had to do over the summer. Once school itself starts, I'll have to see how that goes. Even if I couldn't come online as much as I do now, I'd definitely keep up with my friends here as they've become a huge part of my life.

Big Octo

=^)
If I hadn't joined this site, then I wouldn't know some of the best people on the Internet. Though, some valuable time could've been spent doing meaningful things if I hadn't join, but, well, I don't care for it all too much.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Probably joined another Site :lol: I would have surfed the internet and would have ended up at other places and maybe would have liked it over there as much :P or maybe got chewed out and banned

Mwah on a serious note now:
If I didn't join here I wouldn't have found some of the most wonderful persons in the Universe. I have been able to help people with their problems and gave them an ear to listen or a shoulder to cry on. I have seen people grow into adults and I saw many changes.
I have been through a lot on here, anger, fights, distrust but also joy, happiness and even love. There are always things you regret and wish they would have went different but most things happened here I would not even change when the Doctor forces me.
It is like Nicole said. Some people on here mean much more to me than some people in real life. I never met any of those on here face to face but still it feels so comfortable. I am glad I joined :yes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom