• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What if the reason Link doesnt speak

Is opinions sucks. So why say anything at all
notamused-link.gif

In reality, the creators tried it, and the fans hated it.

In universe, I think the answer is in one of the memories, where Zelda talks about his self imposed vow of silence, and it being related to his resolve. I'm thinking that it's like a Buddhist monk kind of thing.

Some of the other games play into the silence, and characters basically react by the look in his eyes. Other games have dialog that indicates that link does talk, but we don't hear it.

Funny take, though.

In universe, I think the answer is in one of the memories, where Zelda talks about his self imposed vow of silence, and it being related to his resolve. I'm thinking that it's like a Buddhist monk kind of thing.

Some of the other games play into the silence, and characters basically react by the look in his eyes. Other games have dialog that indicates that link does talk, but we don't hear it.

Funny take, though.
Now, you dont mean CDi games?. I will say Link isnt too unlikeable, just is hard to take him seriously

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend

Funny take, though.
I mean, just because some terrible writers gave Link awful dialogue once doesn't mean it should never be done again. If I **** up my first batch of pancakes it doesn't mean I should swear off making pancakes forever.

Now, you dont mean CDi games?. I will say Link isnt too unlikeable, just is hard to take him seriously

I was actually referring to the cartoon.

I mean, just because some terrible writers gave Link awful dialogue once doesn't mean it should never be done again. If I **** up my first batch of pancakes it doesn't mean I should swear off making pancakes forever.
That's how normal people, in regular society, should go about failed attempts. Corporations, on the other hand, don't seem to agree.

Pokémaniac13

Triforce Champion
I think the actual reason is more likely that they don’t want to push to much personality onto a character that represents every player. That is why the only times he speaks, he is either not in a video game (Well EXCUSE me!), or no one wants to be represented by him (CDi).

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
I think the actual reason is more likely that they don’t want to push to much personality onto a character that represents every player. That is why the only times he speaks, he is either not in a video game (Well EXCUSE me!), or no one wants to be represented by him (CDi).
But how can that character represent every player if players can't choose how that character is represented? If Link just stands and stares vacantly at someone then he isn't representing me in the moment. I'd at least have the manners to blink. I wouldn't say he represents me until I can customize and control him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom