• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What if the Ocarina of Time...

penguinboy82

Nature's troll
No, that can't be possible. In order to activate the timeshift stones, they need to come in contact with your sword. Link isn't stupid enough to smash his Ocarina with a sword. The only close explanation would be that the pedestal for the Master Sword is made out of timeshift stones, but first, it's not blue, and second, it would only transform Hyrule, whereas Link went forward and backward in time along with it. Oh! And I forgot that he went FORWARD in time as the first transition, as opposed to the Timeshift stones, which went BACK in time the first time you saw them.

Strangelove

Somewhere
I don't see how it could work, unless with age the stones become less sensetive, and don't timeshift when struck. Either way, it doesn't work, it would only be a localised time shift. Furthermore, don't they go back in time, not forwards? That would mean it would have to have been originally used by Adult Link, sending him back to the beginning of Oot, as a child, and then leading up to when he first got it, but, having already had it, it's a time paradox. Possibly a time loop. And it still wouldn't put him back to being a child.

This thread gave me a headache.. But no, i don't think its a possibility, unless the timeshift stones have abilities that aren't know to the public yet, and nintendo will somehow make the connection later on in the series?

T

Tarshish

It seemed to me that the time shift stones were a raw mineral. Since they were being mined, I'm wondering if they were refined and used for building the portal in the temple of time (both the desert, and the future one in castle town) and the one in the Sealed Temple. That's the impression I got.

I would say no, but doesn't sound that crazy

Now, the Gate Of Time before activating is dark blue, maybe it can also be made of those stones, but I dont know

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom