• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What if Princess Zelda Was Murderd?

Princess Zelda is one of the main characters in the Legend of zelda series. How would you feel if in a future game near the middle or ending of the game the main villein, Lets say Ganondorth manages to get the triforce of wisdom and then Murders Zelda, and at the end they have a funeral/ Memorial for her? how will that make you feel? well For me I would be a Sad ending to see her die. Perhaps this could explane why it it actually called " The legend of Zelda" (even if it is explaned in LOZ 2 the adventures of link). also this could make us Loath the Villein even even more because of what he did, so the last battle can have so much more meaning to it . so what are you thaughs on this? would this surprising action make you stop playing the game if it were to happen ?

She would be reincarnated in another life, it doesn't really matter how she dies, as long as the Triforce exist she will to at some point.

Would Skyward Sword count considering what happens after the final battle with Ghirahim?
Link would just restore her.

I think a story-line where Zelda dies would be a great addition to the franchise. Talk about a motivation to play a game. Say whaaa??? You just killed off the title character in the first 10 minutes???!!! Ohhh... Ganon gonna die now. The Legend of Zelda: Resurrection!!! Or LoZ: Goddess of the Heavens???

Last edited:

MiniMouseofPyru

The Notorious M.O.P.
That would be insane. I'd probably still play the franchise...if there are anymore games.

But, it think a timeline where Zelda dies would be quite interesting. In a lot of the Zelda games, I don't think Link really has a legitimate reason to kill Ganon. In OoT all Ganon did was take over most of Hyrule and murder a lot of people. Hasn't anyone heard of Court in Hyrule??? Anyway, that was really bad reasoning. If Ganon or Vaati or whoever, killed Zelda. Then Link would take revenge on Ganon, Vaati or whoever.

I think a story-line where Zelda dies would be a great addition to the franchise. Talk about a motivation to play a game. Say whaaa??? You just killed off the title character in the first 10 minutes???!!! Ohhh... Ganon gonna die now. The Legend of Zelda: Resurrection!!! Or LoZ: Goddess of the Heavens???

The legend of Zelda :Goddess of the Heavens. That sounds like a Good title..I like that

Chameleon

Down for maintenance.
It's time for you guys to realize that nintendo's been hiding all the Zeldas that have been murdered. Open your eyes! Fight against the opression!

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
Zelda being murdered....hmm, sounds insane. Zelda would probably be revived by the Goddess, if not, would be incarnated. I don't imagine Princess Zelda be murdered. It actually be a terrible idea of Zelda be murdered. They're some powers that Zelda has that Ganondorf won't actually murder her.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
How would you feel if, in a future game near the middle or ending of the game the main villain, lets say Ganondorf manages to get the Triforce of Wisdom and then murders Zelda, and at the end they have a funeral for her?
How would I feel if Zelda were murdered by the main villain? Oh, I would feel absolutely ecstatic. Happy. Joyful. Excited. Even honored. Allow me to explain my feelings.

Since the beginning of the year 2010, I have been wondering what a Zelda game would be like if something truly apocalyptic happened, and the events thereof actually scarred the NPCs. I've made threads and commented about how players would feel if Link were killed off ingame, or how Link's death could affect the story of any one game. Well, safe to say my proposals were shot down on the grounds of "Link has lived in every single Zelda game since its inception, it shouldn't change, deal with it". Such a playing field wouldn't meet my own desires, unfortunately, and I opted to find some other routes of tragedy. Since 2010, I've read/watched a couple of Shakespeare plays, including Hamlet, Romeo & Juliet and Julius Caesar. While the tragedy trope is far cliched by now, I do believe that using the idea in a Zelda game could have much merit. Viewing Romeo & Juliet in particular, one of the the titular characters, Juliet SPOILER ALERT!! dies sometime near the end of the play. END SPOILER ALERT!!. Such an event had a profound effect upon the other characters. Well, I figured that Princess Zelda herself could be brought to her knees and killed off completely. No revival. No clones, no spirits, no pretend death, but the most important thing is: no sacrificing herself for another's skin. I don't (and didn't) care who does it, I just want to see Zelda dead.

Not only would this be wonders for the Zelda series, but it would also show that Link isn't a character that can come out with no harm done to him. I got my hopes up with the intro to Spirit Tracks, but Zelda subsequently finds her body (meaning, she wasn't actually killed; her spirit was simply removed from her body). In Skyward Sword after the Hylia plot twist, I really just wanted to see Zelda's skull bashed in (well, not in such a gruesome death, but relaly just wanted her to be killed). Unfortunately, she lives. Now, in a future Zelda game, it could definitely work in my opinion. It'd be different for sure, but for the sake of telling a better story, if not solely a different one, Zelda being killed would work. And it'd please me greatly.

How will that make you feel?
As I said, I'd feel absolutely joyful.

So what are your thoughts on this?
See above. :)

Would this surprising action make you stop playing the game if it were to happen?
Not at all! I would continue playing the game in fact. Ironically, a sad trigger like the death of a familiar character would make me happy and cause me to continue playing through the game! Sounds sick, I know, but Zelda has had her fair share of screentime! If fans don't want to see Link go down, well the next best thing must! :mad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom