• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What if Pokemon Switch was another Red/Blue/Green remake?

I had a chat with a friend not too long back that the amount of hoops we have to jump through to get certain Pokemon (whih can often be quite lame) is just not worth the hassle.

I fell off the Pokewagon after Gold and even though Inplayed and enjoyed Y attaining certain Pokemon was a darn chore.

In the end my friend and I agreed that having another remake of Red/Blue/Green on Switch would be wonerful. The original 150 to cut a mainline Pokemon's teeth on a powerful home console with all the added benefits to gameplay.

They havent finished remaking every generation yet so it soubds daft to think they'd remake the originals again but if the game played like a proper 3D adventure like Zelda then the original 150 would be a good introduction to a new vision of Pokemon games.

I seriously doubt that another gen 1 remake on Switch would ever happen, this is just wishful beyond wishful thinking.

But would you be opposed to just having the original 150 pokemon and being back in Kanto for the Pokemon Switch title?

pyjamas5189

Secretly a cat
Hell no!!!!!!! I would love a remake of red/blue it's nostalgia galore!!!!! I recently dug out my original cartridges and some of my older game boys (pocket and colour) for me and my bf to play against each other, I even have an old link cable for trades.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
I wouldn't, and honestly, it kind of makes sense. We got Fire Red/Leaf Green after Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald released. The last remakes we had were ORAS. If the next remakes aren't Sinnoh, then 100% we're going back to Kanto.

Part of me really wants the first Switch game to be fully remade version of Pearl/Diamond. I have some extreme nostalgia for that generation, and still think it has strengths not matched by games released since, but I'd be so pumped if that was the case. There's little doubt we'll get some form of DPP remakes at some point, so it's not too far off of an idea.

If that wasn't the case though, and Gen VIII isn't what this first Switch game is going to be, I'd be perfectly fine with another Gen I remake. It functionally wouldn't even be the same game - fully 3D, completely different world layout, all the new Pokemon added since, the experience would be mostly fresh. Plus the last time we visited Kanto was well over a decade ago, it would give new fans an awesome way to experience Pokemon's origins.

D

Deleted member 14134

Pokemon's a system seller and I think Nintendo would be stupid to do anything but a brand new generation of pokemon that you can only play on the switch. Sales are doing right now yes, but they would absolutely skyrocket if an original Pokemon title was on it. I don't think a remake would hold the same allure as a new generation. Yes, people would buy it, but a brand new game would be a better system seller, (unless they're going to do the skyrim pokemon thing people want).

Zonda

Meme Connoisseur
I'm always down for that. Some of my favourite memories involved Gen 1/remakes. If they add in the islands from previous remakes then count me tf in

NintendoCN

Team Captain
A gen 1 remake on the switch? I'm down for that, even though gen 2 is my favorite, I would love to go back to Kanto and be able to say, "this is where your uncle started playing Pokemon."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom