• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What if Link Was a Girl in the Next Zelda Game?

Haley_Oyo

Winner of Dundies
I wouldn't feel comfortable with it being Link so to speak. In my mind, he is embedded as a male. It would just be kind of eerie for me to visually see a girl yet still refer to her as Link. Unless there was a really, REALLY awesome story or explanation as to why he would be a girl, it just wouldn't seem fitting for me.

However if it were some long lost relative of Link who happened to be a girl, that could work! Like I said, I think Nintendo could make the craziest notions seem pretty normal with their story telling and what not. So, who knows. Either way I'd still play the game :)

TheMasterSword

The Blade of Evil's Bane
Um, No. Just No, the sheer outrage this would cause is enough to make nintendo lose crap loads of money. If you think Sonic fans rage, oh boy imagine Zelda fans when they heard this!

Go ahead. Make him a girl. No one will notice anyways because he already looks like one. XD

Making Link a girl would be pretty pointless, so Link should stay a guy.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Um, No. Just No, the sheer outrage this would cause is enough to make nintendo lose crap loads of money. If you think Sonic fans rage, oh boy imagine Zelda fans when they heard this!

*Link is a girl*
Neo Zelda fanboys/fangirls: omg change is good!!11one
Old Zelda fanboys/fangirls: omg change is bad!!1one

The reaction would be no different. I'd say the general reaction to Link being a girl would be as a whole BETTER than the reaction to Skyward Sword. Link already looks feminine (especially in SS), giving him a little bust and a more feminine face than it already is wouldn't change much at all.

The Jade Fist

Kung Fu Master
Although I wouldn't like it, i don't think i'd be too bothered by link as a girl, I mean he's been reincarnated a million times, he might as well be a girl at least once in his eternity.
But I'd much rather see a Zelda game with Zelda as the main character, and the playable one, and dare I say it, have no link around at all, or make him a plot device instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom